AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: Great Visit

Real Name
    Willie

Default Great Visit

Thanks to Johnny's suggestion, I got a chance to visit Bay Area Discus while on a family vacation to San Francisco. My wife wanted to spend time with her sister in San Jose and was more than pleased not to have to hear my "witty" observations during the visit. So I got a chance to visit Alex and his very small, but high quality, set up in Sunnyvale. This is a video of Blue Diamonds and Checkerboards (at least, that's what I call them).

As you can see, the body shape and coloration are good. In my experience, BD's loses their red eye color in soft water, but regain it in harder water. Alex is cursed with soft water (TDS ~ 55 ppm). I can't say with certainty, but I'd expect these Blue Diamonds will have red eyes in harder water.
    At my age, everything is irritating.

Default Re: Great Visit

What excellent quality fish!
    Mama Bear

Real Name
    Alex

I didn't expect someone visit me from Minneapolis
    It was good to see you Willie and hope you had a good vacation time in Nor Cal!
    I think we could share good shipping experience with TSA

Thanks,
    -Alex.

Real Name
    Willie

If you're ever in the Bay Area, make a point of visiting Alex. His contact information is on the website. Two more videos from his fish room

The fish look like they're crammed together on this next video due to the angle of the camera and the lighting from the right, but not really.

Alex was nice enough to meet me at San Francisco airport, about an hour drive from his place, with my fish.
    At my age, everything is irritating.