ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: new but old member

Registered Member Coffee1stLife2nd's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tina

Default new but old member

Hi All,, well it as been awhile since ive been on, Life has a funny way of changing. Its been a few years since ive had my Discus tank. Will make a long story short,,, My husband of 28 years died of cancer and i went through a miserable state. didnt know what to do with my life and my home felt empty so i started doing foster care for kiddos,, it has been a experience. As of this month i am done 4 years of Foster Care was enough for me,, Thank God for the people that can do it long term for years.. it takes a special kind of person. I apparently am not that person. Anyways during my journey with kids I came downstairs one morning to see my Beautiful 250 Gallon discus tank overflowing with soap bubbles i just stood there looking at it and cried, It was such another major loss to me. I had 5 kids in my home at that time and they were all teenagers but ofcaurse they all said they didnt do it..( im pretty sure I know which one did it) there was nothing i could do but take it down. Now onto the next journey of my life what do i want to do??? well the 1st thing is to get and setup another Discus tank, ive earned it,,i deserve it,, i NEED it.. not sure what size tank i will do again im thinking 180 and thinking going with a acrylic tank this time, I figure it will take me a few month to get everything together and setup maybe try alittle more hightech,,not sure how that will go i can hardly understand my new phone..LOL.. untill everything is setup i will just be roaming around on here and getting more ideas and more info....PS... im super sorry to here about Kenny passing it broke my heart to hear about him , i purchased all of my Discus from him, I will be sad to order from someone else.... Glad to be back, there are several of you i have missed and hope you are still around... Tina
    ** I use to dream of Unicorns ** NOW I dream of Discus with the colors of the Rainbow **

Real Name
    Roland E. Wilson

Default Re: new but old member

Sorry for your loss and hope everything goes well in the future. Take your time and come back strong. Go with Discus Hans, Chicago Discus, or any sponsor's on SD would be your best bet for fish. Keep us all posted on your progress, love, and peace out.

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

Hi Tina, I remember you. So sorry to hear about your spouse. Please accept my condolences for your loss. Glad to see you are considering discus again. It was so sad to hear about the passing of Kenny, he is greatly missed. We do have two SimplyDiscus sponsors who are supplying Forrest Discus if that interests you.
    Pat
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

SimplyDiscus Sponsor and MVP Nov.2015 Disgirl's Avatar

Hi Tina, welcome back!! You will really enjoy your discus when you are ready for them. Take your time and enjoy the process. Condolences on the loss of your husband. I also lost mine last year after 50 yrs together. So I am there with you. Hope to see you here at SD a lot.
    Barb

Delightful Designs Discus Cones by Barb -- Check out my Sponsor section --HERE--!

Real Name
    Willie

Welcome back, Tina. If you come down to the Cities, we have had a minor explosion in the number of discus keepers here. You'll see local fish for sale on www.minnfish.com and a ton of fish activities at the Minnesota Aquarium Society website. I have a fish room tour scheduled in conjunction with the next MAS auction distribution.
    At my age, everything is irritating.