ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: Hi Fin Swordtails

Real Name
    Willie

Default Hi Fin Swordtails

Karl Trochu of Miami Swordtails will speak at the Minnesota Aquarium Society October 7th membership, Thursday evening, at 7 PM (Central). His topic is "Breeding and Maintenance of Fancy Strains of Xiphophorus: Techniques and Methods". If you like ornamental livebearers, this is the one to attend. Otherwise, you'll need to go to the American Livebearer Association meeting to hear Karl speak.

MAS membership meetings are open to everyone, but you must pre-register. Click on the link at our website and enter your name and city. You'll get an automatic e-mail response with a link to log into the meeting tomorrow evening.
    At my age, everything is irritating.

Registered Member

Default Re: Hi Fin Swordtails

Hello Willie
    I registered for the talk tomorrow night, but I have 1 question.
    Can I use just the https://us06web.zoom.us or do I have to add all those
    letters and numbers after the hhps?
    Thank
    Jay Walsh

Real Name
    Willie

You do need to add all that other stuff so the system correctly identifies you, and moves you into the virtual chat room you chose at the end of the general talk. We also run 2 - 3 polls during the meeting on all things aquatic and MAS, and your identity allows you to vote correctly.

For those who haven't do this, Karl's talk is scheduled for 35 - 40 minutes. After that, registrants will have the option of staying with the speaker for Q&A, or move into a virtual plant or fish chat room to discuss topics unrelated to hi-fin swords. The Q&A session can go long. Karl has vowed to stay up as long as there are questions!

I keep fancy swords in a non-discus tank and am looking forward to learning how to do it right.

Registered Member

A belated thank you for the info. However I missed it due to family commitments.
    Anyway, do you or any of your members know where I could get some good platys and or swords?
    Still will keep my discus but would like to get back to my early days ,some 65 years ago.
    Also, at my age ,age is even irritating
    Thank
    Jay Walsh

Real Name
    Willie

LOL! Sorry, I don't know where to source good quality platys or swords these days. Also, Karl Trochu made it very clear to the attendees that he does not sell fish.