ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: Gill problem

Registered Member

Default Gill problem

Please explain the problems with your fish. When did you notice the problems and did anything unusual happen that you think started them?my dark Angel approx 8_9 inches has developed on the left hand gills only orange fungi looking things.i noticed this about 2 weeks ago.

2. Symptoms (i.e. turning dark, excess slime, not eating, clamped fins, flashing, darting, clamped gills,*white/yellow/green poop, hiding,*headstanding or tailstanding, white on tips of fins, rotting or fungus,*blisters/white zits on fish, bloated, cloudy eyes, wounds).

3. What medications/ treatments have you already tried and what were the results. Include dosage and duration of treatment.i haven't tried anything yet.

Tank/Water

4. Tank size and ages, numbers and sizes of fish.my tank is a 400 aqua one reef.i have 6 discuss approx 6mths to 2 years old.

5. Water change regime (What percentage and how often).I do 50% every 2 weeks.

6. How long has tank been running? Is it bare bottom? If you have substrate, what type and how deep is it?It's been running approx 2 years it has a gravel bottom fine black and white.

7. Do you age your water? If you do for how long and what is the ph swing.no I don't.

8. What type/brand water conditioner do you use? Do you add it to the tank or aging barrel? How much do you use?
    I use reached prime I add it to the tank every 25 litres 1ml

9. Parameters and water source;

Note: Water Parameters are important in diagnosing problems within a tank. If you don't own test kits for the following information, you can purchase them, test your parameters and post this info as soon as possible.

- temp _29.3____

- ph ___6.6__

- ammonia reading ___0_

- nitrite reading __0__

- nitrate reading _40 ppm___

What type of water or combinations of water sources do you use? If it is an RO/tap/well water mix, please list percentages in the mix.

- well water ____

- municipal water ____

- RO water __100%__

10. Any new fish, plants or inverts added recently.
    No all my other fish have been in a while now.

11. Please tell us what you feed your fish and how often. This can be critical information for solving the problem so be as specific as you can.
    I feed them original stendker frostfruttetr good heart colour every other day 4 tablets.

12. Include any pictures or videos you have which shows the symptoms. If you can't add them to this post, please provide a link to them

Real Name
    Brendan

Default Re: Gill problem

Hi mate have you got any photos?
    I’d be changing water more frequently and see if it clears up. Hard to tell without photos.
    21 Discus, 7 Green Tree Frogs, 3 Eastern Dwarf Tree frogs, 1 Coastal Carpet Python,6 sawshelled/Murray river turtles, 2 dogs, a cat, 2 kids and a wife. Phew...what a mouthful

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Registered Member

I will try that mate thankyou I did try and send a pic but won't let me.

Real Name
    Brian

Your photo is probably too large. Try emailing the photo to yourself and it should automatically resize to the correct format.

Registered Member

Ok I will try that thankyou