AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Should I get Discus?

Registered Member

Default Re: Should I get Discus?

Raising small discus is often quite a trial. Over 4 inches even 5 is worth the extra expense. Especially if discus are new to you. You still need to do frequent water changes but feeding is much easier.

Write to some of the vendors to see if they will offer a deal.

Those Eruptions are quite lovely. Be careful when you add more fish. I can tell that you have never been though a bout of cross contamination. If you are just a beginner it would probably be hard enough on you emotionally to decide that you can't keep Discus. My entire fish room has been wiped out twice. Once from a parasite that there is no effective treatment for and once from a virus that went airborne that there was no treatment. That experience is extremely difficult to deal with.
    Mama Bear

Real Name
    Tom

Well Farhan I’m impressed. This discus really is stunning!! I wasn’t planning on buying a fish just wanted to check out the store. So he ended up in my 50g qt with a runt that I have who’s been my hero fish. Knew I was going about this wrong! Last time I did this I did end up with a cross contamination that got to both tanks. Well it’s only been a day and it’s eating fdbw with no problem and both discus look fine. Really almost to good. I’ve got no room but still wishing I bought 2.6F324CCD-08E5-43EF-956C-A000A945D11B.jpg some others I missed showing were these white pigeons4B2E7CAB-3B84-4BD8-8677-465994BBB36C.jpg and these albino red tigers.08805422-3DF7-4C2C-B5DE-DDF5664B89C6.jpg. So I admit I was wrong about this place. Will keep update on how this guy does!

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Jim

I'm no expert on discus but are angels good tankmates? I had a 150 gallon with 2 Altum angels and they were terrified of the discus i added. Ended up bringing him back to store.

Real Name
    Tom

Well thing with angels is there angels!! Could be as docile as any fish but can become a murdering crazy fish at any moment. Lots of people have good luck with angel and discus. I would ever recommend it. But… I am now keeping 5 of my smaller discus with my blue angels and all is good as of now.F56CB9E5-5396-4D80-ABFE-F1153BA38F09.jpg

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234