ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: Lightning strike

Default Lightning strike

All of a sudden you get them all with you.

12.jpg

Default Re: Lightning strike

All my 6 need is a rumble of thunder.
    Mama Bear

The one on the right of the pic (Boomer) he is the grouchiest and bit me several times when we first adopted him but now a little rumble and he jumps on my lap or follows me around.

Top of the couch Penny the cat
    top of the couch Bandit
    left on the couch Bridgett (blind lost her eyes)
    middle latest adoption Bonnie
    on the right like I said is Boomer (all dogs names stat with a "B")
    Not seen is Eddie the cat he is old and has 7 digits on each paw.
    Upstairs in a 55 G tank one large turtle my daughter bough 12 years ago 2" long now about 10"

And several tanks in the basement
    Last edited by Charlyc11; 11-11-2021 at 04:01 PM.

Is Boomer the Lhasa? They tend to be stand offish and like to intimidate.
    Mama Bear

Boomer is a poodle mix of I don't know what but he was previously adopted and bit them so he was returned and I guess would be put down. My sister in-law (has ten dogs plus) takes him in and she asked if we wanted him.
    We were more than happy to give him a home. Bit me 6 times some bad ones and bit my wife Ellen several times (always keep antibiotics in my home). But we don't give up and now we know how to manage his aggression plus Prozac helps. He is a sweet boy when he want's to and loves to bark at the delivery trucks.

20210113_181055 (2).jpg

All past and present dogs that we have adopted come with back stories.

I bet he's Poodle/Lhasa but there's no telling for sure. Is he hard headed? That's typical Lhasa. How do you handle it when he gets aggressive? Prozac does help with a lot of emotional problems.

I'm a dog groomer plus dogs have always been a big part of my life. I've had dogs in the past and have 2 now who have emotional problems. I can't fix them as well I used to be able to because my spine is slowly disintegrating. But they get lots of love. Thank God they're shy but not fear biters or aggression biters. They're just fearful of humans. I'm down to just 6 now. My oldest is my Rat Terrier Tink. She's on meds for a bad heart but is not yet in congestive heart failure. The second oldest is 13. His name is Big Head. He's a Bassett/Sharpie mix. He's dumb as a stump but as sweet as can be. His pic is in my avatar. It's from when he graduated from obedience class. I would have more dogs but I'm afraid that I'll die first and worry about what will become of them.
    Mama Bear

My sister in-law is 74 and she constantly adopting another older dog that is on it's last legs but need a loving home. She pretty much think's she is Peter Pan and will live for ever but we are a little more realistic and shrunk our herd to short legged friends. We were use to golden retriever's and larger mixed bread rescues. The other bad thing my neighbor all she does is go south to the Carolinas and pick up dogs from kill shelters, she always has a large amount of dogs besides her own two Great Danes. That's how we wound up with Bonnie the hound that came from South Carolina with 8 pups. The pups go fast but she was left being to join our family.
    I love taking pictures of my babies. Here she is relaxing in a Florida vacation the two girls travel well not the boys.

BonBon (2).jpg

SimplyDiscus Sponsor and MVP Nov.2015 Disgirl's Avatar

Carlos, what a kind man you are to adopt all these dogs! Thankful there are people like you around! I rescue cats, have 4 now. Your cat is beautiful. Post more pics of your furry family anytime. Liz and I love it.
    Barb

Delightful Designs Discus Cones by Barb -- Check out my Sponsor section --HERE--!

I've said to Barb before, that I didn't want another dog but I had no choice because God gave it to me. Who was I to say no to God?
    Mama Bear

Same here I can't say no to a pet in need.