AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What brand of heater do you all recommend?

Real Name
    Willie

Default Re: What brand of heater do you all recommend?

To give credit where credit is due, my experience is that the quality of heaters have improved greatly. I don't use controllers, but cannot recall a heater dying for at least 5 years.

I remember the bottom of the cycle when the Aqueon Pros would randomly explode. I had one blow in a 56 gallon tank. Fortunately, Oceanics were built like tanks. My only loss was a small pile of Corydoras sterbai carcasses. Prior to that, heaters would randomly die or overheat. Even the famed green Ebo-Jagers gave out, although some of them lasted 2+ decades.
    At my age, everything is irritating.

There was a titanium heater that was all the rage years ago until they were found to cause fires. I had it happen to me but I caught it quickly. All it did was set the lid of a water storage container on fire. That plastic burns hot and fast. Scared the **** out of me but I got it put out.
    Mama Bear

I had posted that I use E300 Fluvial heaters well 2 out of 4 failed first replacement was DOA so that make 3 bad heaters. Returned the two for refund and going to replace the ones in the tanks real soom.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12