AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: 110g High

Registered Member
    Real Name
    chayse

Default 110g High

looking to see how many others on here have a 110g High on here and what their current stocking is! My 90g front seem blew last March so I upgraded to a 110g. Haven't found many people running this size.

Registered Member
    Real Name
    chayse

Default Re: 110g High

anyone?

Don't ask me. I'm just 5'1". If your tall it would be a nice tank. What are the dimensions?
    Mama Bear

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Kathy

My husband has a 110 high for Africans and he feels it’s too tall to work easily in. He bought it used pretty cheap so he doesn’t complain much. I HATE it because I can’t reach the bottom to decorate or move rocks easily when catching a fish. Wiping it down would be impossible without standing on a ladder and soaking my arm pits. When looking for my big future discus tank I demanded it not be too tall. However, if you have longer arms, a 110 shouldn’t be too awful for you.

Registered Member

I have a 110 high that is planted. It's quite difficult working with any plants towards the back of the aquarium but fortunately I have long arms. A long-tubed python is a god-send as is a magnet glass cleaner.
    IMG_4850.jpg

Real Name
    Willie

I have a 110 gal tank for altum angels. The bigger ones, at 30 months, are already 11+" tall, so they are already more than 1/3 the height of the tank. My goal is 14" fish so a 30" tank is absolutely necessary. The smaller ones, about a year younger, are close to 9". (The smaller ones will be gone at the end of January to reduce overcrowding.)

This is my only planted tank and gets 60+% water change daily. Anubias is tied to driftwood and swords are growing in pots so I can thoroughly clean out the sand. I love the look of it, but it involves a huge amount of work. You'll definitely need a tool to move things around at the bottom of the tank and another tool to fully clean the glass.

I raised altums in this tank when it was barebottom. Doing 100% water changes was much easier, but wiping down the inside surfaces involved getting on a ladder. I've kept very large discus in this tank and they did fine, but there was no real advantage to a tall tank. In your position, a 90 gal tank would be fine for raising discus.
    At my age, everything is irritating.