AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: L471 mini snowball pleco

Real Name
    Fritz

Default L471 mini snowball pleco

So I've had these babies parents for about 2 years. 4 of them. I saw a female getting trapped a few weeks ago and was really praying hard for success. I was reading on this breed and they say you have to have current. I put in a wavemaker and they got a lot more receptive. Hoping for a bumper crop as we go forward. I have counted 25 so far.

l471.2.jpg
    L471.jpg
    The secret to learning how to fly is this, you must throw yourself at the ground and miss.

Real Name
    Willie

Default Re: L471 mini snowball pleco

That's terrific. That's a large brood for a relatively small fish. I prefer the polka dot pattern over striped plecos personally, but my L136's and L201's have resisted their natural instincts to date. Have fun with the fry!
    At my age, everything is irritating.

Real Name
    Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by Willie View Post
    That's terrific. That's a large brood for a relatively small fish. I prefer the polka dot pattern over striped plecos personally, but my L136's and L201's have resisted their natural instincts to date. Have fun with the fry!
    I was thinking the same thing Willie, seems like a lot. They grow so slow it will be April before they are bige enough for selling etc. But i'm hoping that they make a few more batches and fill up a pipeline.
    The secret to learning how to fly is this, you must throw yourself at the ground and miss.

Real Name
    Fritz

Better picture. ABN is the taxi. lol, male ABN thinks he's hiding
    20211226_113806.jpg
    20211226_105028.jpg
    Last edited by famtsberg; 12-28-2021 at 05:18 PM.

Are the parents ABN ? I've had a strange experience. I recently bought a pair of ABN from lfs. They have had babies now but instead of albino babies, the babies are dark brown, spotted with yellow edging on their tail and dorsal fin. The first batch are getting bigger now but it will be interesting to see what they look like when grown. Fortunately my P velifera didn't eat them all.

Also a shout out to captainandy. What town/city do you live in. I live in Mendon Ma. I have no room for more plecos but its great to have someone nearby. Do you go to Uncle Ned's LFS ?

Real Name
    Fritz

it was a mixed tank. I moved the snowballs into their own tank. but babies are to small and hard to catch.