AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: Quarantine Release

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Nicholas

Default Quarantine Release

I recently received a lot of 8 discus with heximita and possibly other aliments and they all went into qt . lost 2 after the metro treatments there abdomens turned pail and then they passed a few days later. 5 are now back to 100% and doing great. One is still kind of falling behind. not a huge apatite a little fin rot, pale and clamped fins. The normal sick discus signs. they are all in 55 gal qt tank as of now I've also been fighting gill flukes in my display tank. (just broke it down and reset it a few weeks ago.) was planning on starting to stock it. but its finally clean and good to go. I would hate to contaminate it again.
    What would you do? starting transferring one by one the rehabbed fish from the qt tank or wait till all the discus in the qt tank are 100%. on the flip side if I do a slow transfer and leave the sick one in there ill be able to treat more effectively if she is the only fish left in qt.

Real Name
    Brian

Default Re: Quarantine Release

I would wait until all fish are well. See if you can examine the feces under a microscope. You may have more going on that just hex and flukes. Examining the feces will help determine if worms are present.

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Nicholas

Default Re: Quarantine Release

will do. I hit her with a pp dip yesterday and she's starting to eat today. so hopefully ill be able to get a sample some time soon