AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Rams Spawning

Default Re: Rams Spawning

Quote Originally Posted by LizStreithorst View Post
    I got the pots cut in half from Carlos yesterday. If I weren't about to lie down and rest my back I'd take pics. I've put 4 into use so far.

I have tons more terracotta saucers than I will ever need. I'd give them away but I know nobody who wants. Maybe I can stick one in the box when I start selling my pairs again. I should have had pairs on AB two weeks ago.
    Sorry Liz that how many came in the box and if I but less than the amount that came in the box they would have rattled and cracked. In half

I'm not complaining Carlos. I'm delighted. I'm looking forward to giving a few away who people who really want to breed these fish.
    Mama Bear

I'm not complaining Carlos. I'm delighted. I'm looking forward to giving a few away who people who really want to breed these fish.
    Just kidding with you Mama Bear that was a great idea.

Not to hijack your thread but I have a really big spawn of Pitch Black 1 day short of free swimming. All my recent bad luck aside, I'm excited. I'm even more excited about the Discus wigglers that mom moved from the cone to the sponge filter should start swimming early tomorrow.

The Ram spawn is less exciting because despite the fact that I have bred them for several generations they're all from Tom's stock. There was no creativity on my part. With the Discus I got 7 fish that I fell in love with. I had a picture of what I in my mind how I could make them better. I decided on a fish of a different but compatible strain and bred the two together. I've been doing this for several generations and I'm getting closer and closer to the picture in my mind. They are really my breeding.
    Mama Bear

Well this morning they all woke up. They are alive !!!

Last edited by Charlyc11; 03-14-2022 at 08:59 AM.
    Just Call Me Chuck

Disclaimer : I am an old man and all this information is from the top of my head so any mistakes noted I claim the 5th

Gold Member FischAutoTechGarten's Avatar
    Real Name
    Peter

Thanks for sharing those photos of your Ram Breeding setup! Good stuff!
    Peter
    Cuerpo en Green Valley, Arizona, USA y Corazón en Alamos, Sonora, Mexico

learning never stops

Quote Originally Posted by FischAutoTechGarten View Post
    Thanks for sharing those photos of your Ram Breeding setup! Good stuff!
    These are the Pitch Black Rams and sprinkled in are Gold Rams from the same spawn. You can almost see the difference.
    Just Call Me Chuck

Disclaimer : I am an old man and all this information is from the top of my head so any mistakes noted I claim the 5th

It's easy to tell the difference for me. I wish my eyesight was near as good as your camera's.
    Mama Bear

Real Name
    Jacob

I feel like I'm on a collision course with eventually getting a couple of these black rams with all these pics/videos

It's easy to tell the difference for me. I wish my eyesight was near as good as your camera's.
    Looking at then in person and with light shinning right on them you can see the difference Black/Gold. I also blocked the sides and back of the box with tape so the couple next door can't see them, they get distracted and don't want to spawn.

Morning eating frenzy

Last edited by Charlyc11; 03-15-2022 at 08:40 AM.
    Just Call Me Chuck

Another beautiful video along one of my favorite songs.
    Mama Bear

Another beautiful video along one of my favorite songs.
    Nothing to do in the last 4 days I have a miserable cold so I did not go to work yesterday or today. Got go in tomorrow hopefully I will be a little better.
    But cheers anyway.
    Just Call Me Chuck

Sorry your sick, Chuck. Hope you feel better soon.

I scraped off old paint from 3 10's and a 30 repainted them with a color I found makes the fish look better. It was a hard day's work for an old woman with a bad back but they look good in their new place and will be easier to work where they are. I still have to reroute my air supply to get air to them but it won't be today. I'll be doing like you and except for a grocery run I'll be having a day of rest.
    Last edited by LizStreithorst; 03-15-2022 at 11:46 AM.
    Mama Bear

Sorry your sick, Chuck. Hope you feel better soon.

I scraped off old paint from 3 10's and a 30 repainted them with a color I found makes the fish look better. It was a hard day's work for an old woman with a bad back but they look good in their new place and will be easier to work where they are. I still have to reroute my air supply to get air to them but it won't be today. I'll be doing like you and except for a grocery run I'll be having a day of rest.
    Starting to feel good today and it's Friday so that makes it all much better. Last night my original GBR's spawned after a 6 weeks, so this morning I grabbed the terracotta dish added 1 drop of MB and returned it to the happy couple. They were not happy that I removed the dish in the first place but they are back to fanning and caring for the eggs. This time they can do the parenting.

new GBR spawn.jpg
    Just Call Me Chuck

Real Name
    Steve

What kind of blade/saw did you use to cut the terracotta? Sorry if i missed it earlier.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast