AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: Substitute for Furan 2

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Kathy

Default Substitute for Furan 2

Looks like Furan 2 has been discontinued. What would you guys use as a substitute?

I do have a bottle of nitrofurazone on the way from NC but won’t be here will Friday so I’m thinking of using something else.

Possible cross contamination issue. 2/3 WC daily with Rid Ich plus & salt. Eyes getting cloudy and mommy is losing sleep. It’s been 10 days and I’m ready to try an antibiotic.

Real Name
    Francis

Default Re: Substitute for Furan 2

These antibiotics may work too kanamycin, Neomycin Sulfate , Tetracycline just to name a few.
    Grasshopper
    Francis

Regular Furan works but is not quite as broad spectrum as Furan ll. Ask Jehmco and see if they have a better suggestion.
    Mama Bear

Real Name
    Mervin

Quote Originally Posted by Tikitank View Post
    Looks like Furan 2 has been discontinued. What would you guys use as a substitute?

I do have a bottle of nitrofurazone on the way from NC but won’t be here will Friday so I’m thinking of using something else.

Possible cross contamination issue. 2/3 WC daily with Rid Ich plus & salt. Eyes getting cloudy and mommy is losing sleep. It’s been 10 days and I’m ready to try an antibiotic.
    They removed one compound years ago, but still call it Furan 2. So you have the correct drug on it's way.