AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: Fish tank

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Mike

Default Fish tank

I currently have a 120 gallon 4ft x 2 x 2. There’s a tank on craigslist 150 gal 72 x 19 x 29. The tank I have has double overflows drilled and a sump. The other tank is not drilled. Not sure 30 gals is much of an improvement and worth a minor upgrade. What do others think? The extra 2 feet of would add a lot of swimming room.

There is also a 240 gallon I found- but I think the footprint maybe too big for the space…
    Last edited by mleibowi; 02-14-2022 at 11:57 PM.

Real Name
    Tom

Default Re: Fish tank

Years ago I had that tank the 150. So it may be an old tank. That’s not a standard size anymore.

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Mike

Yes, it’s an old oceanic. Never been filled. It’s old as all get out

Real Name
    Tom

Yeah that tank is a 180g. Thing is you will have to reseal it. Mine broke. 180g in the basement. Wasn’t nice!!

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Mike

apparently the sealant is still good and not hard. The tank I have now is an old 120 gal oceanic that was shut down 15 years ago and it's going strong 6 months in. Those tanks are tanks- highest quality, thick glass. I just don't know I'm gaining much with an undrilled 150 gal. Now that I'm using a sump, I'm converted to them and don't want to pay for drilling, have to put in a weires, make a stand etc... for 30 more gallons. The 8 x 2 x 2 tank would be a dream but my wife isn't having it at all....