AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: Shrimp for sale (free "pilot" effort)

Default Shrimp for sale (free "pilot" effort)

Just wanted to see if there was any interest for cherry shrimp that have been multiplying out of control in my tank. Now, I can't claim they're "purebred" because I had 6 "blueberry" shrimp in the past and they crossbred. The results were predominantly Cherries (still strong red) as well as some cool candy cane looking shrimp and some that look white/clear with some koi-like red spots. Once in a while I'll see a blueberry but not often.

I was thinking $1 per shrimp with min order of $10 (and I'd definitely add extras... hell, probably 5 extra if someone ordered $10). Before I do anything though, I have to do as many pilot efforts as possible so that I nail down best and lowest shipping method. Would love 3 folks from different parts of U.S. for Guinea pigs if up for freebies!
    -Elliot

Real Name
    Matt

Default Re: Shrimp for sale (free "pilot" effort)

If you ever need someone in the close range let me know, would be happy to pay.
    -Matt

I'd love t be a Guinea pig. USPS Priority is your best bet. I can advise you on how to Best bag and pack if you want.
    Mama Bear

Matt, hell yeah!

Liz, you know I'll definitely be breaking out the pen & paper for taking notes!

Bare with me while I get everything in line (Liz... I'll definitely PM you for q's I'd love to ask). But I net out a bunch weekly plus have bags already. I just need to nail down that balance of doing/using only what's needed to have shrimp arrive with enough alive per order (adding extras) yet keep shipping & material costs slooooow. Primary concern is added O2 in bags without having to contract oxygen tanks (saw O2 in aerosol looking containers... wondering if that's option).
    -Elliot

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Mike

Elliot I can also be a Guinea pig

Registered Member

Elliot, check out those Kordon breather bags on Aquabid.

Cliff

Do as Cliff suggested. Shrimp don't need 02.
    Mama Bear

Real Name
    Steve

I agree. I received shrimp in the Kordon bags a few years ago. Maybe with some Purigen? I'd take some (Oregon) id you're still looking for guinea pigs.
    Steve

Meli, Cliff, and Steve, I'll count you 3 in as well (... sorry in case anyone after these 5 are interested in being Guinea pigs!... "GP's")

For the 5 GP volunteers, thanks!!!!! I'll pay ALL costs for each trial run. I'm targetting a no-later-date for first shipments of 4 April (a Monday). I'll strive to do earlier than that but giving myself enough buffer to nail down first trial materials, shipping option research & decision, and then execution. I'd usually strive for NLT 10-14 days from now but my dumbass got talked into coaching TWO little league teams while I already have a heavy loaded day job & start-up I work on after hours (I'm an idiot... and this damn little league is so darn needy at times that it's almost not enjoyable as a parent -- but they know to sucker me into saying "yes" when it's Friday evening and I'm unwinding with a beer, a fireball or 3, then glass of red).
    -Elliot

Real Name
    Steve

Thanks Elliot, no rush. Little league with the kids was obsessive. It lasted for hours, and always through the dinner hours into the early evening. "The Church of Baseball."