ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: White eggs

Default Re: White eggs

Just leave them. There are always some white eggs.
    Mama Bear

Registered Member

Ok so i wake up this morning and found about 50 wrigglers,so happy about this.So i removed the mesh from the cone and i will leave the parents to do their job,i hope they don't eat the small ones.Anyway for me is a succes anyway because now i know that i have a confirmed pair so if the wrigglers survive even better.

The usual way is to wait until the wigglers to free swimming. They'll swim through the mesh and on to their parents. Your way will work if they are a pair with good instincts. Removing after the fry free swim gives the pair another couple of days to fall in love with the little ones.
    Mama Bear

Registered Member

That s good to know Liz,I have made some mistakes along the way ,one of them was that I put the heater vertical in the tank and the female was moving the wrigglers from the cone into the heater.Although the heater has a rubber protection some of the young ones still touched the hot part and sadly died.Now I have about 5 left so I guess this batch is wasted but the good part is that I have learned from my mistakes,next time I will put the heater horizontally and also I m gonna left the mesh on until the wrigglers are free swimming.Any other suggestions please feel free to let me know.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12