AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Happy Birthday SimplyDiscus!!

Real Name
    Brian

Default Happy Birthday SimplyDiscus!!

20 years ago today (or really close to it), the SimplyDiscus forum went online. Al and Ryan didn’t know it at the time, but they had created what would become a great place for people to meet and share their experiences with discus, help each other, and built what quickly became the best resource there is to assist members from across the world. Forum activity isn’t what it used to be, but it is still alive and active and we have some exciting plans for the future.

In addition, we will soon be announcing some awesome contests/giveaway’s, etc… Sorry, but most are limited to USA members only at this time. Only forum members with 10 or more posts at the time of the official announcement will be qualified to enter, so if you’ve ever thought of joining, or if have joined but haven't posted, now is the time!!!

Default Re: Happy Birthday SimplyDiscus!!

Happy Birthday Simply! I couldn't have done it without you.

Real Name
    Francis

Happy Birthday Simply Discus.
    Grasshopper
    Francis

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

Happy Birthday SimplyDiscus. Later in the month we will be saying Happy Birthday to Al
    Pat
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

Official launch date was April 5, I think. Happy birthday!

Happy Birthday Best resource for Discus and most of our beloved hobby.

Thanks to all that made this happen.
    Just Call Me Chuck

Disclaimer : I am an old man and all this information is from the top of my head so any mistakes noted I claim the 5th

Real Name
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Official launch date was April 5, I think. Happy birthday!
    Al's join date was 4-2 so he told me to go with that, lol...

Sorry I'm a little late with this post, but I've learnt so much from Simply and Al. I have a lot more to lean though !!
    Happy Birthday !!!!

HAppy BDAY SIMPLY DiSCUS !!!!! what ever happened to cary ,jeff usa discus , dave c ,anand , carol ???? wish them all well RiP KENNY
    iM CURED FROM THE DiSCUS ADDiCTiON .. GETTiNG OUT THE HOBBY ..

Cary was pretty active on Facebook as of a year ago and still playing with discus when I left the Simply Facebook group. According to her Facebook, Carol Roberts is still out in Oregon breeding French bulldogs.

Real Name
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Cary was pretty active on Facebook as of a year ago and still playing with discus when I left the Simply Facebook group. According to her Facebook, Carol Roberts is still out in Oregon breeding French bulldogs.
    You're always welcome back. The old group got taken down because of jealousy and bogus reports. It's much smaller, pretty calm and we moderate pretty heavily now, and a level head like yours would be a welcome site.

Quote Originally Posted by jeep View Post
    You're always welcome back. The old group got taken down because of jealousy and bogus reports. It's much smaller, pretty calm and we moderate pretty heavily now, and a level head like yours would be a welcome site.
    I second that. Except for you, Ryan I've been here longer than anyone. Makes me feel old which I am and is something I would prefer not to be reminded of.
    Mama Bear

Unfortunately I’m mostly out of the fish hobby. I’m trying my hand at a few houseplants so I can still take care of something without quite the same amount of labor.

Dave c and Anand got booted off simply because of jealousy and bogus reports ? wowww those 2 dudes seemed pretty intelligent .. carol was so helpfull good luck to her .. Jeff from us discus farm what happened to him ? miss the early 2000 s hanging with the old bunch arguing and getting suspended and warned all the time out here lolol was sooooo many more options back then on ordering discus , seems like very slim pickings now especially with Kenny gone
    iM CURED FROM THE DiSCUS ADDiCTiON .. GETTiNG OUT THE HOBBY ..

Quote Originally Posted by DISCUS USA View Post
    Dave c and Anand got booted off simply because of jealousy and bogus reports ? wowww those 2 dudes seemed pretty intelligent .. carol was so helpfull good luck to her .. Jeff from us discus farm what happened to him ? miss the early 2000 s hanging with the old bunch arguing and getting suspended and warned all the time out here lolol was sooooo many more options back then on ordering discus , seems like very slim pickings now especially with Kenny gone

Jeff from us discus farm what happened to him ?
    stopped selling..I think went into dogs

miss the early 2000 s hanging with the old bunch arguing and getting suspended and warned all the time out here lolol
    I don't. Last thing I ever wanted for the forum was to deal with a bunch of children that never respected the rules here and never appreciated the basic fact that it took alot of good people a lot of work to bring the forum to everyone here for free. People had the hardest time with simple manners. When I think back to all BS I had to deal with back then I want kick myself in the back end for trying to make everyone happy. So much wasted time and energy.,

seems like very slim pickings now especially with Kenny gone
    plenty of Discus out there and Kenny being "gone" does really hurt the hobby, but not because of the loss of Kenny's fish(Ping took over Forrest's Lines)... Its because of the loss of his presence.

al
    Last edited by brewmaster15; 12-26-2023 at 03:45 PM.
    AquaticSuppliers.com Freeze Dried BlackWorms and other foods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast