ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: Green Discus Strain?

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Luke

Default Green Discus Strain?

Hi Guys,

I am brand new to the hobby and will be purchasing my first discus in the next couple of months. Is there a strain of discus that is solid green? If not are there any strains that have a lot of green?

Thanks,

Luke

Registered Member

Default Re: Green Discus Strain?

flachen discus

Registered Member

Flatchen is not green

Registered Member

Ocean Green and Green Diamond.

Cliff

Don't get Ocean Green from Mac's discus... that picture is over two decades old. You end up getting plain old turquoise striated discus at best. And he's a dick but in a sneaky way because you will like him at first
    -Elliot

Real Name
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by pastry View Post
    Don't get Ocean Green from Mac's discus... that picture is over two decades old. You end up getting plain old turquoise striated discus at best. And he's a dick but in a sneaky way because you will like him at first
    Agree 100%. I also have had similar dealings with him many years ago.

Registered Member

Speaking of Mac'Discus anyone bought the Emerald Green Discus from him?

Cliff

Yeah, ... it's not emerald. It's a regular turquoise if you're lucky (he might send you a Marlboro with peppering and say it's a young emerald... just give it time. Just like when I. Caught my parents doing it in the 5th grade and they tried telling me dad was doing sit ups on the bed and mom had gotten out of the shower yet had to go over dad to get her towel... it was a horrible experience but dear God don't treat me like an idiot --- just say you screwed up and don't ever leave the door unlocked ever again).
    -Elliot

Registered Member

Thanks, Elliot that's good to know. I was up Mac's Discus way and phone him if I could check out some of his Discus, his answer was only if you are picking up what was already purchased.

Cliff

Quote Originally Posted by CliffsDiscus View Post
    Thanks, Elliot that's good to know. I was up Mac's Discus way and phone him if I could check out some of his Discus, his answer was only if you are picking up what was already purchased.

Cliff
    WOW ...yeah, that's red flag right there. Never heard of any seller or breeder say anything but, "...heck yeah, swing by and check us out!"
    -Elliot

Quote Originally Posted by CliffsDiscus View Post

Cliff
    WOW ...yeah, that's red flag right there. Never heard of any seller or breeder say anything but, "...heck yeah, swing by and check us out!"
    -Elliot

Registered Member JustinLoebbaka's Avatar
    Real Name
    Justin

Quote Originally Posted by pastry View Post
    Yeah, ... it's not emerald. It's a regular turquoise if you're lucky (he might send you a Marlboro with peppering and say it's a young emerald... just give it time. Just like when I. Caught my parents doing it in the 5th grade and they tried telling me dad was doing sit ups on the bed and mom had gotten out of the shower yet had to go over dad to get her towel... it was a horrible experience but dear God don't treat me like an idiot --- just say you screwed up and don't ever leave the door unlocked ever again).
    I am dying over here LOL

Justin, I had to go into the Marine Corps to make worse memories in order to forget that. I've always been jealous of my brother & sister for missing out (lucky bastards)

Cliff, tell Mac you'd buy if he had anything worth a .... that you could see in person.

Luke, I've had a Flachen. It wasn't the green I'm thinking you want, but had plenty of green pigment in right light + was bad ***. Send emails to the sponsors on here with a few screenshots and let them know what you are looking for.
    -Elliot

Hey all, sorry but I shouldn't have done some of the analogies I did. I'm sure most wonder, "What's going to come out of Elliot's mouth this time?"... and I intend to keep it somewhat that way... but probably shouldn't have gone that route. I saw the experience someone had with Mac's Discus and I was already livid with a non-discus situation and shouldn't have gone that direction. The sad thing is, I was livid with a damn little league baseball "new rule" that's been screwing up my Coach Pitch team (...I know... of all things... it wasn't job related or my borderline psychopathic mother-in-law... but instead, a dumb little league rule).

Meanwhile, for captive bred discus strains with a strong/predominant green, I'm putting my money on any searcher being successful by contacting multiple sponsors here. There's a reason for SD having these sponsors. If they can't get them for you, they'll tell you. That said, be wary that every discus looks different in different lighting combos... unlike me (... it just doesn't get any better :P)
    -Elliot