AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: Stocking help for 125g Discus tank!

Registered Member

Red face Stocking help for 125g Discus tank!

Hi everyone! Long time lurker and a first time poster, I have a 125g, currently stocked with 9 Discus and a GBR. I've had it up and running for a good 7-8 months now with a FX5. I do 50% WC every 3 days and they are all very happy, healthy, friendly and eat super well. I've been trying to find the right schooling fish for this tank for some background movement, and I settled on black neons, but I love my discus very much and don't want to cause any strain on them by adding too much to the bioload. I was hoping I could get some good insight from you guys on if these fish would be a good idea and if my tank can support the school without causing any issues for my Discus. If possible, I'd also like to add some cories, but they are a second priority in the event I'm too close to overstocking. Thank you so much and I'm looking forward to hearing y'alls wisdom!

Default Re: Stocking help for 125g Discus tank!

I don't think that a school of black neons will be a problem. If they turn out to be too much, which I doubt, you could always do 1 more WC a week for a while.
    Mama Bear