ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to post comments, etc.

Registered Member
    Texas City, Texas. 20 miles from Houston.
    Real Name
    Nathan Sonnier

Default How to post comments, etc.

I'm trying to post a picture of my breeding prs. of Discus and make a comment about them. I see a lot of info on BB codes and things but no info on how to share photos or make comments. This is the 1st time I've even seen "Post a new thread". Maybe now you guys can help me be a part of this. I've read it for years.

Real Name
    Tom

Default Re: How to post comments, etc.

If you go to the quick reply section below you’ll see a panel above. On the right side there’s a picture of a tree. Press that. You’ll see in blue chose file. Press that. This open up your photo album. Pick a picture. Press chose. Than upload file and it’s loaded on to site

Real Name
    Brian

I think you have the post comment part.

Photo's on this software have to be uploaded. File size can't be over mb but the software won't tell you that. It just sits there until you time out.

Click on the icon below to see options
    post photo.png

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Nathan Sonnier

I don't see a tree anywhere. I guess in order to open my photo album, it has to be from my phone. I opened this reply on phone and still don't see anything that looks like a tree. All I see is +Reply to Thread. To the right of that is Quick Navigation Above that is " reply with quote". Above that is an ad that I can't totally remove. I see no way to choose any file, much less photo album. I'm answering you on laptop and I don't have photos on it. I'm apparently not that tech savvy, but if you want to help a brother out, I don't have a problem sending you my phone #, and you could talk me through this. Or my email. nathan.sonnier@yahoo.com.

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Nathan Sonnier

I'll be doggone- It is a tree. Old eyes ain't what they used to be. I'm going to figure out how to transfer pics to laptop, and I'll get back to you guys with some pics. Thanks so very much. See Ya later!

Real Name
    Brian

I didn't know it was a tree either and I've been here 20 years

And... I guess my number lock was off. Supposed to be 2mb... I usually email a photo to myself and it automatically resizes..

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Nathan Sonnier

OK guys- I'm gonna try to make this happen. I have a young pr. of Red Alenquer discus. I can sex discus when they reach a certain size. The thing that's harder is their age. Some people concentrate on fast growth. Some don't. I raised 10 2.5" to 5" in 4 mths. They were 3 mths. old when I got them. The point is that you can't really tell how old your fish are when they start breeding because if you don't raise them yourself, you don't know how they were fed etc. If you think discus females have to be 9 mths. old and males have to be older to be fertile; unless YOU know how old they are, who's to say that breeder or owner didn't optimize their growth? My PB pr. have been spawning since long before they were a yr. old. I raised them from puppies so I know they were same age. Guys (and ladies), if my earth shaking revelations are old news to you, remember- I've had to read old posts and debunked theories for yrs. because I wasn't a part of your group. Almost never could I read a post within 1 yr. of the yr. I was reading. I had trial and error to educate me. I'm gonna try to send you a couple of pics of my 2 active prs. now. Not working. I go to "tree" and options don't let me see what I'm sending.
    Attached Images Attached Images

There is no more beautiful sight, is their? I assume that they're on the back of the male. Am I correct?

I raise Blue SS's of my own strain. They grow to be huge but it takes them a year or a year and a half before they spawn. PB's are sexually mature at under a year as a general rule. I don't know how long it generally takes the brown based reds to start spawning.
    Last edited by LizStreithorst; 05-13-2022 at 07:53 PM.
    Mama Bear

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Nathan Sonnier

My PB pr. has spawned over 20 times since last Dec., but I thought male was infertile because eggs always died. When I got water right, they had wigglers 2 times and 1 time free swimming. They don't get dark, so babies (less than 20) wandered off and died. Their slime coat may be substandard as well. They sometimes touched parents but never stayed to eat. Alenquers seem to be young and spawn every 4 days. 1st big spawn has over 100 fry. They're just over 2 mths old now. a little over an inch. I want to send some pics, but after choosing which ones, I can't open to see if what I'm sending is really what I want to send. I think I'm getting stupid or something
    .pb pair.jpg
    Last edited by jeep; 05-14-2022 at 04:23 PM.

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Nathan Sonnier

Wow! The picture showed up after I sent my reply. Glad it was intended. That's my PB pr. I'll try to send alenquer pr w/fry. Was about 2wks. old.VideoCapture_20220331-165824 (1).jpg. I hope this works.

Your PB's don't like PB's to me. They looked like a fancy variety of blue Turk.
    Mama Bear

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Nathan Sonnier

This is what they looked like growing up.20220514_161215.jpg

So much for what My eye tells me....
    Mama Bear

Registered Member

Interesting photo on post #7 some of the fry have the bent spinal.

Cliff

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Nathan Sonnier

Cliff, I'm not sure which pic you're talking about. I'm not sure about bent spinal? I don't see any deformities, but maybe you can explain what you mean.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast