ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Stendker Discus

Real Name
    Jacob

Default Re: Stendker Discus

Here it is:

So perhaps it is still two different facilities, but they're certainly in partnership somehow.

Nice video
    Just Call Me Chuck

Disclaimer : I am an old man and all this information is from the top of my head so any mistakes noted I claim the 5th

Registered Member

years ago he was able to import from, I think, Santarem. Would be great if he could reestablish this relationship

Real Name
    Willie

Quote Originally Posted by Charlyc11 View Post
    Got to have a talk with Hans I haven't been to his shop for a few months. I know he had intension's to move to Delaware and he even showed me the house he was looking at and it had a separate building for the fish.

Correction it looks like he moved already. I just sent him a message though his new web site.

Where did you see this article I can't get to Stendker web page but it might be blocked at my work.

I just looked up his new location and I am still at pickup distance 92 miles from my house 184 miles total or lets say $52 gas money at $5 a gallon.
    The location outside of Baltimore has been shut down.
    At my age, everything is irritating.

Quote Originally Posted by Willie View Post
    The location outside of Baltimore has been shut down.
    Yes it has
    Just Call Me Chuck

Disclaimer : I am an old man and all this information is from the top of my head so any mistakes noted I claim the 5th

Registered Member

Sorry to narco this thread, but it seems they are still actively selling Discus or am I mistaken?

Stendker Discus USA took over it's a spin off Super cichlids.

https://stendkerdiscususa.com/
    Just Call Me Chuck

Registered Member
    Real Name
    John

Maybe I am missing something here but if these aren't bred in Germany and raised there under stendkers care but are now going to bred here in the USA., at what point do these really qualify as Stendker discus.?

I've never really been a fan of stendkers to begin with. they did grow big and beefy but their shape often put me off as did the lack of strains. I know some llike them. I just prefer the asian lines and I am not trying to get flamed here.
    Last edited by Zeus Discus; 09-20-2023 at 09:29 AM. Reason: S
    In a previous life I was a probably a fish.

-John

Real Name
    Scott Winefka

The one thing that turns me off at purchasing Stendker discus is they are the most expensive out there when there are a lot of exporters out there who's fish are just as nice without the expensive price tag of Stendker.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus Discus View Post
    Maybe I am missing something here but if these aren't bred in Germany and raised there under stendkers care but are now going to bred here in the USA., at what point do these really qualify as Stendker discus.?

I've never really been a fan of stendkers to begin with. they did grow big and beefy but their shape often put me off as did the lack of strains. I know some llike them. I just prefer the asian lines and I am not trying to get flamed here.
    Stendker closed their breeding facilities in Germany.
    Just Call Me Chuck

Real Name
    Jacob

They've basically doubled in price as well.

Actually, looking at the prices I should probably sell my Stendkers and buy a small house.
    Last edited by jwcarlson; 09-20-2023 at 08:50 PM.

Real Name
    Tom

Lol yes your are worth a house! Ok maybe a double wide . Thing is Stendker is gone. The company now selling them bought the name and the left over fish and started a shop in the US. Good bad indifferent I’ve got no clue. They started by double dealing the guy selling them here already. The fact that that guy is now selling Asain and Stendker went out of business/closed down says something for the fish. Unless Jacob starts breeding I’d look elsewhere…… well Jacob??

Real Name
    Jacob

I'm disturbingly good at going whole-hog and too deep, to be honest. I think if they ever tried to pair up, I'd be tempted to try to successfully spawn them... but just to say I'd done it. I don't want to be in some sort of abusive relationship with fish.

Plus I have been totally unsuccessful with apistos and they're supposed to be relatively easy. *shrug*

Something sleezy went on with whatever Stendker and Super Cichlids did to/behind Hans' back. I obviously don't know the backstory at all, but something isn't right there. Hans seems to have come through it well, I cannot imagine someone who hasn't bred discus before buying leftovers from a failed/failing breeding program is going to knock it out of the park. But what do I know?

Here is one of my two Marlboros the other one is in QT on a hexamita treatment (white poop) with metro. Finally got a shot with the ruler but he is in a bit of an angle so he is a little bigger than he looks. I picked these up a few years ago from a LFS that Hans sold to and I consulted with him before I got them.

Big Boy.jpg

20230924_132727.jpg

The other one she is starting to eat and the color need to come back.

20230924_134935.jpg
    Just Call Me Chuck

Real Name
    Discus Hans

Just to make sure people know, Discus Hans USA has nothing to do anymore with Stendker or Super Cichlids in Dover. Discus Hans USA sells now DiscusX Discus and is located at:

Discus Hans USA
    11 Frankford Avenue
    Frankfotd DE 19945

Phone 443 992 6972

Hope this helps
    I've changed the Discus World.
    Visit our online store at: www.discusfishstore.com
    All advice I give, is because I've good results with it, you're free to copy it. It's not a rule, it's just my way. Ohhhh and don't take me serious, I'm most of the time kidding

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast