AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: Hexamita

Default Hexamita

I have a question on my ABN'S and hexamita. My 55 G grow out for the ABN'S, also held my PBR and Gold Rams. The PBR'S are gone except for one and still quite a few of the gold are alive. I had noticed white poop so when I got back from vacation I started treating with Metro. Meanwhile the ABN'S are no issues as far as I can tell. Are plecos prone to hex? I have 100 or more ABN'S and just but a few died out of all of them. My PBR'S are spawning again and they will not go in that tank so hopefully I can have adult rams some day. Should I worrie about that tank if I can even sell any of these ABN'S?
    I started metro again to see if I can keep the rest of the Rams alive. Needless to say that tank is in QT.
    Last edited by Charlyc11; 06-12-2022 at 08:46 PM.
    Just Call Me Chuck

Disclaimer : I am an old man and all this information is from the top of my head so any mistakes noted I claim the 5th

Default Re: Hexamita

White poop on gold Ram

Tank

20220612_200931.jpg
    Just Call Me Chuck

Disclaimer : I am an old man and all this information is from the top of my head so any mistakes noted I claim the 5th

It looks like either hex or worms.
    Mama Bear

It doesn't affect the ABN'S I an baffled. Would worms kill the fish so rapidly.
    Just Call Me Chuck

I honestly don't know if either can kill that fast but it's more likely if the fish are young. As far as the BN go, some fish are naturally more resistant than others. BN are tough as nails. In addition to treating the fry, treat the adults as well. Metro won't interfere with the spawning or the eggs hatching.
    Mama Bear

The adults all in a different tank and now each pair in a 20 G working on their new kids.

Quote Originally Posted by LizStreithorst View Post
    I honestly don't know if either can kill that fast but it's more likely if the fish are young. As far as the BN go, some fish are naturally more resistant than others. BN are tough as nails. In addition to treating the fry, treat the adults as well. Metro won't interfere with the spawning or the eggs hatching.
    Just Call Me Chuck

I'd still treat them just to be on the safe side. It won't hurt the kids.
    Mama Bear