AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: Is this site legit?

Default Is this site legit?

Hi Guys? So I think I may have purchased from a site that’s not real… Do any of you guys think the site below is legit?

https://www.jackwattley.com/

Really hoping it is if not, lesson learned.

Real Name
    Brian

Default Re: Is this site legit?

Oh, no... It is not legit. This is part of Discus.com and they steal legitimate breeders photo's and represent them as their own. Now it seems he has "borrowed" the name Jack Wattley. You may get discus, but most likely not the ones you order because they have no discus. You place the order and he fulfills it through another vendor. Many times it is not what you ordered, and many more times they are culls.

Real Name
    Brian

I'll add that the photo's in the "Jack Wattley Signature Vintage Discus Collection" are actually from Forrest Teo. Those are his fish and his hand holding them, lol...

Quote Originally Posted by jeep View Post
    Oh, no... It is not legit. This is part of Discus.com and they steal legitimate breeders photo's and represent them as their own. Now it seems he has "borrowed" the name Jack Wattley. You may get discus, but most likely not the ones you order because they have no discus. You place the order and he fulfills it through another vendor. Many times it is not what you ordered, and many more times they are culls.

Omg I’ve been ordering from discus.com and you were right. I didn’t get the exact ones but did get one beautiful one. It was a hit or miss… I did order more… ugh… thank you for letting me know…

Real Name
    Tom

Yeah that for some crazy reason is a legitimate add by a thief! Please look into the vendors sponsored here. You’ll get what you ordered.

Thank you Tom! Do you know where in the forum I can find the list of Vendors? Apologies, it’s been awhile since I went back to the message board. Almost 10 years :”>

Cheers!

Real Name
    Tom

Yes top left. The forum page. Open it and go down to Sponsors. Can’t miss it .

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

Tom is correct but here's a list of SD Sponsors http://forum.simplydiscus.com/forumd...iscus-Sponsors. Each sponsor has their own sponsor board.
    Pat
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

Real Name
    Jacob

I couldn't tell you what's going on with whoever runs discus(dot)com. I have ordered two medications from them and, to their credit, I did get both medicines. And in one case, I got two sets because he drop shipped it from someone else. In both cases it took nearly a month to get the medication and about 20 emails associated with the order "we moved your package six inches to the left to make space for a box" kind of stuff.
    I would be real careful ordering anything from them and would suggest it be avoided if possible. Thankfully I didn't need the meds quickly. They also don't allow real reviews on their site, FYI.

Thank you Guys! I have been ordering from him and my last order from both websites, he did give me really gorgeous amazing Discus (exactly pictured on website) and shipped it next day. Was thrilled and amazed and thankful…. BUT… out of nowhere he said that I’m blacklisted LOL… I’m not sure why… after spending tons $$$. On of the 4” fish that I got from him last time died though and was informed that he will give me credit (I didn’t really ask for it). Seems like I won’t be getting that anymore either…. Oh well… I was going to order more from him for my 2nd tank. Thanks for sharing experience guys, just going back to discus again after stopping for 10 years

Real Name
    Tom

Lol I came back a few years ago after 20 yrs off. I’ve got some great discus from Dennis discus. Bought last yr at 3.5” and all are 6” or better and look great. Also bought from Forrest and those too are great. Next about 4 months ago I bought from golden state. And so far so good. Next in PA a place has opened called south river aquarium. I’ve got one by me in Brooklyn. They sell great fish too. But qt all .
    Last edited by Iminit; 06-15-2022 at 12:57 PM.

Real Name
    Brian

When were you blacklisted?

Quote Originally Posted by Iminit View Post
    Lol I came back a few years ago after 20 yrs off. I’ve got some great discus from Dennis discus. Bought last yr at 3.5” and all are 6” or better and look great. Also bought from Forrest and those too are great. Next about 4 months ago I bought from golden state. And so far so good. Next in PA a place has opened called south river aquarium. I’ve got one by me in Brooklyn. They sell great fish too. But qt all .
    Wow!!! Discus lovers will always be discus lovers lol Super awesome when you get them to grow big. Thanks for your recommendation for the one in PA (I’m currently in PA and been looking for one there too YAY). Would love to see some of your fishees Tom!!

Quote Originally Posted by jeep View Post
    When were you blacklisted?
    Just yesterday. Though was able to clear it up and agreed that it was a misunderstanding. He still credited me back with the 1 lost fish that recently died and all is well now. Will still order some fish from him next time and check out the one in PA

Real Name
    Tom

Here’s a thread of mine. Can’t add the link?? It’s in the planted tank section. Pics of my planted tank.