ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What are y'all paying for gas?

Default What are y'all paying for gas?

I don't dare let my tank get down to empty like it used to back when it cost $20. to fill up just a couple of years ago. I had over 1/4 tank left before I filled up today at $4.37 a gallon. That came to $35. Thank goodness I have a little bitty Fiat 500 and I had my plugs changed when my milage went down to 35.3 mpg. Since then it has slowly up to where it should be. I'm up to 37.9 mpg and it will be where it should be at 38 plus a bit soon.

Do you stay home more than you used to? I do. I used to think that Ellisville was close at 12 miles from my house. Now I stock up while I'm there and try not to have to go back for a while. I have not gone to Hattiesburg since the prices started getting crazy. It's 20 miles away.

I don't want to hear anyone assigning blame. We all have our own opinions and I don't want to start a fight. I'm just curious if the price of gas has changed their driving habits.
    Mama Bear

Registered Member

Default Re: What are y'all paying for gas?

I paid $6.79 a gallon a week ago for regular.

Cliff

Real Name
    Steve

$5.59/gal last week. We're on the south end of the I-5 corridor in Oregon and gas gets shipped from Portland. Most expensive in the state I'm told. My pickup gets terrible mileage.

Real Name
    Willie

Costco in Minneapolis is only charging $4.89/gal for premium. I drive a V-8 and only have myself to blame.
    At my age, everything is irritating.

Real Name
    Tom

NYC it’s costing me a 5” discus shipped to fill up. .

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iminit View Post
    Best quote ever.

Real Name
    Jacob

About $4.75 here in Iowa. Costing me about $60-65 to fill up my Honda Civic! My bee van cost $85 a couple of weeks ago. I do have a co-worker who is planning on taking his RV out to Yellowstone and back in July. It's a 3000 mile round trip, the RV

Other than driving to work and back every day, I don't drive much. Wife (teacher) and kids are off on summer vacation so they're not driving much. We did scrub the idea of driving into Ikea to get new dining room chairs which would have cost probably $70 or 80 in gas. We can afford it and, to be honest, costs for most anything don't really factor into much decision making on a day-to-day basis for us. However, I cannot imagine having to deal with current costs if you're someone who retired a couple of decades ago. I don't see how any normal-ish person can do much of anything in retirement or do much of anything while they're working for that matter if they're going to save as much as they should. I know it's regional, but even here in Iowa it seems like it takes $100k/year just to live comfortably. It's going to take $5 million to retire if you're going to live for any length of time. Especially considering some of the lagging indicators like property tax and increased costs for all of the other things that we buy/pay for day-to-day... they're still catching up. Hopefully some of this is a bubble that burps within the next six months, but I don't think that's likely.

And that's not to mention electric costs. I'm convinced I could shut off the main breaker to my house for a month and I'd still owe them $200 a month. It's all bananas and depressing if you start thinking about it too much. I genuinely feel for people with single or fixed incomes.

Quote Originally Posted by Iminit View Post

More aquariums and pump the discus into them instead of into your gas tank?

Real Name
    Mervin

Here in Nova Scotia, Canada I'm paying $8.20 a gallon.

Real Name
    Brian

$4.79 in KC. Get it while it's cheap because this is only the beginning...

$4.99 for regular in MD for now.
    Just Call Me Chuck

Disclaimer : I am an old man and all this information is from the top of my head so any mistakes noted I claim the 5th

I do miss my Prius gave it up for a Tacoma truck with one third of the miles per gallon. Good thing I did not buy the full size truck.

Quote Originally Posted by LizStreithorst View Post
    I don't dare let my tank get down to empty like it used to back when it cost $20. to fill up just a couple of years ago. I had over 1/4 tank left before I filled up today at $4.37 a gallon. That came to $35. Thank goodness I have a little bitty Fiat 500 and I had my plugs changed when my milage went down to 35.3 mpg. Since then it has slowly up to where it should be. I'm up to 37.9 mpg and it will be where it should be at 38 plus a bit soon.

Do you stay home more than you used to? I do. I used to think that Ellisville was close at 12 miles from my house. Now I stock up while I'm there and try not to have to go back for a while. I have not gone to Hattiesburg since the prices started getting crazy. It's 20 miles away.

I don't want to hear anyone assigning blame. We all have our own opinions and I don't want to start a fight. I'm just curious if the price of gas has changed their driving habits.
    Just Call Me Chuck

Disclaimer : I am an old man and all this information is from the top of my head so any mistakes noted I claim the 5th

Real Name
    Dave

6.20 per gallon for diesel - thank goodness my diesel is for a VW.

I am going to have to commit armed robbery at McDonald's to remove their used french fry oil so I can make my own bio-diesel .... Joking.
    God is the artist, he merely allows me to see and capture his work . http://davesphotography7055.zenfolio.com/ coupon code: angelfish
    some of my work accepted by Pentax (the camera bodies I use): http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/davidgray

Man, I guess I've got it good. So far it cost me the less at $4.37. But I'm expecting so suffer more as time goes on. I just hope that by the time it starts going down I'm not dead.
    Mama Bear

SimplyDiscus Sponsor and MVP Nov.2015 Disgirl's Avatar

$4.47-4.69 here in eastern NC, varies a lot between stations. WalMart has best prices here, always. Yes, my driving is cut way back.

Delightful Designs Discus Cones by Barb -- Check out my Sponsor section --HERE--!

Registered Member

I usually check with gasbuddy.com to find the cheapest gas in my area, cheaper then Costco sometimes.

Cliff

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast