Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 3 scared discus in the group

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Tinoush

Default Re: 3 scared discus in the groupe

thanks for all the sharing guys,
    Here is what's going on now.
    I can get 2 of them to eat with a turkey Baster. I hold it in front of them and they eat like crazy. Frozen brine shrimps. Checkerboard is not eating at all.
    Today something strange happened. My power fuse was jumped when i got home. Aquarium was off. light heater pump everything. These 2 that still eat where out like it was nobody business. Wehen i turned everything on again they started hiding. I have now turned off the light and reduced the flow. There still hiding now but let see how it goes. Light is juwel spectrum on 60% max. 3 hour off middle of the day.

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Tinoush

Right i am now very sure it has to do with nothing else but bulling. That orange pigeon blood don't allow any one to come out. Son of the....
    https://youtu.be/IWTgiNJXuIk

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Tinoush

So the last fish that didn't want to eat is eating now. I got them mussels and he can't refuse. All 3 still hiding tho. Maybe take out all the scape so they have to get along?

Silver Member
    Real Name
    Don Speers

Have you tried putting the dominant AKA bully orange PB in time out. Wonder how your 3 would react if that 1 was removed from the tank.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12