AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: Odd Behavior?

Default Odd Behavior?

IMG_5902.jpegIMG_5901.jpegIMG_5900.jpeg

Greetings. Wanted to ask for advice regarding odd behavior of 2 the Turquoise discus. Earlier today, I noticed that they were doing the shivers for some reason. Both of them seem to stay on one side of the aquarium and they just want to stick together. They’re not as interested with food as much as the others but one of them seem to eat though. I’m limiting the blood worms at the moment (they’re addicted to it and I want to maintain a varied diet). They seem to occasionally do the “shivers” and they’re still together on one side. There’s one big one that keeps on wanting to join them but he’s being pecked away but they don’t seem so annoyed with others being there. Maybe this is just a one off thing or is thing something that I should be concerned about? Parasite? are they pairing? (hopefully) would love to share pics, but have not figured that out yet. Thank you folks.

Thank you!
    Lex
    Last edited by lexylopez; 06-23-2022 at 03:15 PM.

Real Name
    Tom

Default Re: Odd Behavior?

Could be pairing up. How big are they.

As to pictures. On the icon board above and 3rd from right is a tree. Press that icon and that will give you the ability to add pics. Good luck.

Default Re: Odd Behavior?

Quote Originally Posted by Iminit View Post
    Could be pairing up. How big are they.

As to pictures. On the icon board above and 3rd from right is a tree. Press that icon and that will give you the ability to add pics. Good luck.
    Finally uploaded the pics! They're about 6.5" big. They are still huddled up together but will swim to the center for a short while. Not sure what to do if they do lay eggs. Will get divider if they do. I am still observing just to be sure. I am excited and a little paranoid at the same time haha. As long as they are okay, that's all that I am concerned about.

Thank you Tom!