AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: Newbie to Stendker Discus

Registered Member

Default Newbie to Stendker Discus

Hi guys, just purchased 4 (6.5cm) Stendker discus today along with the Stendker granule food. Was wondering on quantity when feeding. I’ve also got beef heart frozen but was thinking of doing that once a day? Any information, plus other tips would be gratefully received. 👍🏻 Thanks Si

Real Name
    Tom

Default Re: Newbie to Stendker Discus

Well those are small discus. Hopefully they’re young. For young discus you need to change water daily and feed as often as you can. 6 times a day for food and at least 50% water daily. How big is the tank there in? Many good can be used and it’s good to give a mixed diet. Freeze dried black worms are good food as are many flake foods.

Real Name
    Francis

It always establishes a pecking order. This is the reason people will say to keep at least 6. The higher the number of fish the less you will see the problem as the aggression gets spread out over the entire tank.
    You always have a runt. They set a pecking order and whoever is on bottom will always be the smallest.
    Grasshopper
    Francis

Real Name
    Willie

Large, regular water changes is by far the most important factor in getting good growth out of small discus. I find Stendkers react best to large water changes. Not only will they get big, but their shapes will round up. I've seen beautiful, large discus raised on flake food their entire life, but had daily water changes. Focus on high return activities, which is scrupulously clean water.

Now if you can combine large, regular water changes with a high protein food, your fish will do great. But food alone won't do much.
    At my age, everything is irritating.