ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: Where to get bulk medication?

Registered Member

Default Where to get bulk medication?

Hello everyone. A couple years ago I used to purchase bulk powder medication for my aquarium from Angels plus. They also sold a medicated flake.

While they still sell the medicated flake, I no longer see bulk medications available. I appreciated being to choose exactly which medications entered my aquarium as many of the ones on the market our mixes of multiple medications.

The bulk pricing was also convenient because while I do have a hospital tank and use it, every once in a while something gets into the main aquarium. When that happens the whole thing needs to be treated because it is a planted tank and nasty things can be harbored in so many areas. I appreciate it having the resources to be able to treat a tank of this volume (165g) without having to dump dozens of pricey packets into it

I was wondering if anyone else knew of a site like angels plus that allowed you to buy bulk nitrofurazone, kanamycin, etc

Real Name
    Francis

Default Re: Where to get bulk medication?

Grasshopper
    Francis

Real Name
    Brian

Default Re: Where to get bulk medication?

Nitrofurazone has been nearly discontinued because of carcinogen concerns and Kanamycin has become hard to find and much more expensive due to regulations. Jehmco has the absolute best price for metro. For almost everything else Everything Aquatic would be a good choice. Enrofloxacin has become a replacement of choice for Nitro in many cases...