ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: breeding tefe green wilds

Registered Member
    Real Name
    John

Default breeding tefe green wilds

good to be back on Simply. Thanks for having me. My question is, has anyone here bred wild tefe greens? Was wondering what the F1's would look like? Thanks John.

Default Re: breeding tefe green wilds

John,
    I remember seeing several members in the past with wild greens. Unsure if officially Tefe Greens or not, but I specifically remember pics of the F1s as they colored up. Wish I were able to point in the right direction (which category: breeding, hobbyist fry for sale, planted tanks, wild, etc) but I'd say do a search with simply "F1" as a start.

If I recall correctly, the red spots were passed on in one person's experience. Me personally, I've seen Greens that are dark brown & green, yellow, purplish, near-brown-duscus brown, ... but man, when you see a semi-royal or full own royal green with those extra thick stripes, to me that out does a shoal of beautiful blue moon heckles.
    -Elliot

Registered Member
    Real Name
    John

Quote Originally Posted by pastry View Post
    John,
    I remember seeing several members in the past with wild greens. Unsure if officially Tefe Greens or not, but I specifically remember pics of the F1s as they colored up. Wish I were able to point in the right direction (which category: breeding, hobbyist fry for sale, planted tanks, wild, etc) but I'd say do a search with simply "F1" as a start.

If I recall correctly, the red spots were passed on in one person's experience. Me personally, I've seen Greens that are dark brown & green, yellow, purplish, near-brown-duscus brown, ... but man, when you see a semi-royal or full own royal green with those extra thick stripes, to me that out does a shoal of beautiful blue moon heckles.

Agreed pastry! Thanks! I was thinking of acquiring some wilds this time around and giving it a go. Always loved the subtle beauty of the wild fish. If the babies turn out like the parents i could sell them i suppose. and BTW not for profit, but you have to have somewhere to send the babies and if they are bland looking most won't want them. i remember reading that wild to wild sometimes doesn't turn out that good looks wise, I.E. just basic brown discus. Which BTW is fine with me. Brown discus to me are every bit as beautiful.

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

Here you go. Six month old F1 Tefes.
    Pat

Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

You'd LOVE picking Pat's brain And in the past I'd agree about F1's coming out dull, but I've actually seen that's not quite the case. Shoot, Pat's F1 adults are drop dead gorgeous.... as well as their F2 spawns. Definitely do a deep dive into old threads because there's been some really awesome experiences shared (with pics!!!!! I'm totally a pic-slut)
    -Elliot

Registered Member
    Real Name
    John

Quote Originally Posted by Second Hand Pat View Post
    Here you go. Six month old F1 Tefes.
    Pat

Beautiful!!

Registered Member
    Real Name
    John

Yes Pastry! Thank you and thank-you Pat. Those F1's are beautiful! In my opinion what a discus should look like. Don't get me wrong, I love the Hybridized stuff, but there is something about that wild look.

Quote Originally Posted by foxbat426 View Post
    yes pastry! Thank you and thank-you pat. Those f1's are beautiful! In my opinion what a discus should look like. Don't get me wrong, i love the hybridized stuff, but there is something about that wild look.
    amen!
    -Elliot

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

Quote Originally Posted by foxbat426 View Post
    Yes Pastry! Thank you and thank-you Pat. Those F1's are beautiful! In my opinion what a discus should look like. Don't get me wrong, I love the Hybridized stuff, but there is something about that wild look.
    You are welcome John Let me know if you wish to read one of the longer threads on the forum
    Pat
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Jiseok Jung

e0164530_4503289.jpg

F1

e0164530_17342245.jpg
    e0164530_1735417.jpg

Wild Tefe - Royal green pair.

You can find some very nice photo of Wild F1 from Tefe green pair in this website
    Those pictures are belong to this website too.

https://kyotaro33.exblog.jp/9069680/