ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: This group is useless.

Registered Member

Default This group is useless.

I'm better off using social media I can get more help there. Bye simply discus.

Real Name
    Jacob

Default Re: This group is useless.

You can certainly get a larger quantity of help there, that is without doubt. Most discus groups are full of a lot of people getting up there on the first peak of the Dunning–Kruger curve.
    There are lots of threads here that contain lots of good information. And if you're willing to be a little patient, you cannot beat the knowledge here. Yes, it isn't as "instant" as Facebook, but the vast majority of replies there tend to be at best contradictory and at worst detrimental.
    It wouldn't surprise me if half a dozen people told you she didn't have HITH or that theirs looked like that and Melafix cured it.
    I believe you dosed about half the suggested amount and left a link to a thread about metro dosage, lighting, and duration. Hope it helps!

Goodbye, Robdom. I hope that someone on social media can help you cure HITH.
    Mama Bear

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by robdom973 View Post
    Sorry you had such a bad experience.

I posted about water quality had received several good responses within a day or so.

Real Name
    Brian

I helps if you actually respond to questions. Before you can recommend a cure there has to be a process of deduction and determine why it's happening. The way you do that is to interact with members and answer questions...

Registered Member

You would have learned a lot about HTH if you took the time to go thru 100s of posts about it.

Go to social media and you mostly get idiots.trying to sell you something or sell your address

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

Quote Originally Posted by jeep View Post
    I helps if you actually respond to questions. Before you can recommend a cure there has to be a process of deduction and determine why it's happening. The way you do that is to interact with members and answer questions...
    Ditto
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

Real Name
    Willie

Quote Originally Posted by robdom973 View Post
    Bye, bye!
    At my age, everything is irritating.

LMAO... thought I was impatient... but if you don't know how or too lazy to use the search-function, then you're "Simply a Turd". And if you're "trolling" with your grand total FOUR posts, then you're probably an idiot because we all just like to learn about discus... not spark some virtual discus forum war. No one here sees the value in limiting themselves to one source/library of formal & informal information. But vast majority appreciate the hell out of ALL long term compilations of useful info, opinions, hard lessons learned, etc.

You may not be able to reach as low of a weener, dork, loser, than that. This isn't even "social media", dumbass. It's a FORUM. ANY longstanding forum might not have a response to a very basic topic/question that's been answered 1000 times (because it's a repository) if that's what happened. But, this forum actually DOES have folks who'll somewhat often respond. If they didn't, then don't get butthurt. Most likely, if that's your response, that just means you're a dumbass who hasn't successfully mastered interpersonal communications in "real life" OR you're an ignorant turd who's attempting to coax others into looking else where (why?).

If you can suck up your pride and ask what you want, I'm sure you'll find folks here (including me) who forget about this and come to help. I'm pretty humble and even share my screw ups -- but I don't remember any topics you've started outside of this (which, if this is an attention-getter, I applaud you!)
    -Elliot

HITH was your thread & you even got responses... what gives? You came to the BEST place for help ("subjective", but I'm confident stating so... even after I had been directly confronted with non-tactful answers... yet even those were helpful although that's typically thing of the past). You even got responses!

Please, I love this forum -- don't post "This group is useless" whether you don't like responses (which has questions for you to answer... dillweed) OR if you have mal-intent.

This is a forum about one single fish species, not fortnight. We've had teenagers enthusiastic on here who've learned and folks who started with discus late in life who've come for help. Just check your pride in at the door -- that suggestion will help you ANYWHERE in life. Wish my mother-in-law would learn that but she's proof that humbleness doesn't correlate to age.

Look, when some schmuck like me gets defensive and posts like I've done, the mind says, "Screw him & the rest of them...". If you're innocently trying to get help, you'll get the best help you can find right here. Will we bust your balls a little after this? YES... but only in good fun.
    -Elliot

Quote Originally Posted by pastry View Post
    HITH was your thread & you even got responses... what gives? You came to the BEST place for help ("subjective", but I'm confident stating so... even after I had been directly confronted with non-tactful answers... yet even those were helpful although that's typically thing of the past). You even got responses!

Please, I love this forum -- don't post "This group is useless" whether you don't like responses (which has questions for you to answer... dillweed) OR if you have mal-intent.

This is a forum about one single fish species, not fortnight. We've had teenagers enthusiastic on here who've learned and folks who started with discus late in life who've come for help. Just check your pride in at the door -- that suggestion will help you ANYWHERE in life. Wish my mother-in-law would learn that but she's proof that humbleness doesn't correlate to age.

Look, when some schmuck like me gets defensive and posts like I've done, the mind says, "Screw him & the rest of them...". If you're innocently trying to get help, you'll get the best help you can find right here. Will we bust your balls a little after this? YES... but only in good fun.
    Elliot, if he think this forum is useless let him go and hope the door kicks him in the butt when he goes out.

Getting mad at him is not worth the effort. He has no manners. If he'd been he polite he'd have quietly left. He he wanted to be rude. He succeeded.
    Mama Bear

Real Name
    Tom

I don’t get it? Look he’s already got 11 responses on this thread! Seem pretty popular!

Liz & Tom, you know I value the ever living crap out of you 2, but if he's genuinely wanting help and had an ultimate moment of "I'm just going to tell them all to suck it" in a post, I'll attempt reeling him in. We need more folks now-days and dear God, you let my dumbass in
    -Elliot

Real Name
    Tom

Nope im with him! Nothing better than the info received on Facebook. Hith will get advice on every medicine made that should be used. Oh and don’t use the instructions double/triple the dosage. How about 120* water a mud bath? Oh and don’t listen to that last guy he don’t know nothin!! Yes best info found on face book! And yes red fin piranha’s make great discus tankmates! As do red ear sliders……

OK you two. Have at him. I'm ready to watch some tube.
    Mama Bear