AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: discus from Liz

Registered Member

Default discus from Liz

I got to tell you folks dealing with Liz was an absolute pleasure. She went out of her way to accommodate me and was
    always polite and just plain nice.
    I receive the fish yesterday and with the packing she did they could have gone to the Arctic and back.
    The fish are healthy and were eating with 2 hours of putting them in there tank. A 25 bb with 2 hydro 5's.
    Today they are swimming around like they have been there forever.
    Thanks again Liz.
    Jay

Default Re: discus from Liz

That's great to hear, Jay. Please keep us up to date on their progress. Pics would be great once they grow into that tank a bit. Just feed them well and change water daily and they'll grow and get big and fat like their parents.
    Mama Bear

That's AWESOME!!! Hell, I'd love to see pics as they are now!
    -Elliot

Registered Member

Thats really awesome we would love to see the actual photo of them!!!

Guys SS's and turks aren't terribly impressive at this size. If he wants to post pics of them now, I'll be fine with it but they will actually look like something once they've had another months of growing and coloring up under their belt.
    Mama Bear

Real Name
    Brian

Very nice Brady and Liz! It's great when forum members interact this way. I hope to see regular updates, perhaps in the journals section?

Registered Member

Good buy, can't go wrong with Liz, the Discus are not color up because they are not hormone.

Exactly. They color up slowly as they grow. They are not pushed to get colorful at a young age with hormones. Hormoned fish do not live a very long life.
    Mama Bear

Exactly. They color up slowly as they grow. They are not pushed to get colorful at a young age with hormones. Hormoned fish do not live a very long life.
    Mama Bear

This is such a nice thread that I'll see if I can get away with posting here rather than in the buy sell section where it should be.

I want to thank the members here and the folks on AB who bought my babies. Most everyone wanted more SS's than Turks because the SS parents are so good and they wanted fish that might grow up to look just like them. But I still have a lovely group of Blue Turks left from the same parents. As those who have purchased both know, in general SS's mature more slowly than Turks. IME it's always that way. I don't know why.

6 fish for $150. same as the SS. Y'all know what the parents look like. I'll make myself take a pick of these Blue Turk kids either after water change this evening or tomorrow morning.
    Mama Bear

Real Name
    Jacob

I wish I had more space for discus babies, or perhaps the bigger issue is that they eventually become discus adults?

Tank space is the biggest problem for most folks. It even limits what I can do as a breeder. The babies grow and have to be moved to a larger tank. It was Discus Hans that pushed me into having a fish room built. I just needed a little push. I knew in my heart that I wanted one.
    Mama Bear