ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: Aged water runs out

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Matt

Default Aged water runs out

a little scenario I thought of earlier and wanted some advice before this may (does) happen.

My aged water barrel is around 200L, it's the largest I could fit. My tank is ~700L, if I needed to do a massive water change, how could I do this with only 200L ready to go?

the main issue with my tap water is the PH difference of about 1. Would the best thing to do remove 50% of the tank water, throw in the 200L and then drip feed the rest?

Default Re: Aged water runs out

A jump of a whole point is a big jump that will stress your fish over time so you need to age, although Willie believes otherwise. My only suggestion is to add a mix of both aged and tap with Prime until you get an idea of the percentage of how much to add of each to produce a swing of less than 4. Other people use tap and just don't care about the pH swing so what I believe is right is not law.
    Mama Bear

Registered Member

I cannot remember the last time I aged water. I change 80% every two to three days and I just don’t have the patience to fill 6-8 brutes then heat.
    Prime rocks
    I have only minor pH swings and haven’t had a sick fish for at least a year and a half - and that’s when I mixed Germans with Asians

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Matt

That's interesting! Thanks for the info...