ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Treatment advise

Registered Member

Default Re: Treatment advise

I thought we was gonna loose her a week ago but she seems to be doing better than ever now! Thank you!!Her side is almost if not completely healed and she isn’t on the top of the tank anymore. What would be my next step? Keep her in the qt tank for how long?? It’s a 20 gal with no filter just heater and Airstone and I’ve been doing 95% water change everyday. I have a divider for the 40 breeder the male is in, should I use it when I do put her back? He does get a little rough. I guess what I’m asking is how long should I keep her away from him in the qt? I know it sounds dumb but they kinda seem sad alone from each other.

Real Name
    Brian

They can have an off personality when they are alone. If you're confident she's doing better, I would suggest waiting another few days then maybe put her back in the 40g with the divider to test their compatibiity . I once reintroduced an injured mate too soon and another fight ensued, then a bacterial infection. I lost the fish...

Registered Member

That’s kinda what I was thinking give it threw the weekend and if she is still eating doing good and don’t need any more treatment to put her with him and have the divider in untill they both seem to be normal. I’m not sure how long you should run the wormer plus I did it for 6 days replacing every day when I changed water. I didn’t put it in last night kinda want to give her a break see how she does. Also I’ve been just having her in normal tap water with a tds of around 320 and ph 8-8.2 my breeders are ph 7.8-8 and 50 tds. Will that cause an issue should I try to mix some ro water into her tank to over the next few days? Or is it even a issue?

Real Name
    Brian

RO isn't necessary. Just make sure ph matches both tanks.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123