AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Treatment advise

Registered Member

Default Re: Treatment advise

Little update. everything seems to be going good. Bactocide 1 and salt seem to being doing there job

Real Name
    Tom

Great job! Keep up the good work!

Registered Member

So her side is all but completely healed but there is something else going on and I don’t know what. She has been spending most her time at the top of the tank not hardly eating or moving and breathing very hard I have a large Airstone and sufficient pump running it. Started Prazi pro treatment 3 days ago. Still treating with salt (3 tbs per 10gal) have noticed her shedding some slime and a few odd bumps on fins. I do all but complete water changes still have her in the qt tank, stable ph 8.. water is on the warm side now (88).. what else can I do to help her?

Real Name
    Jacob

Using dechlorinator? My supply went to chloramine this spring and I forgot to use Prime. About an hour later they were all gasping at the surface and some were shedding slime coat.
    Noticed lesser versions of this on previous water changes when I'd forgotten to put Prime in right away. So I guess I'd double check that you're adding the right amount (or even a little more).

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwcarlson View Post
    Using dechlorinator? My supply went to chloramine this spring and I forgot to use Prime. About an hour later they were all gasping at the surface and some were shedding slime coat.
    Noticed lesser versions of this on previous water changes when I'd forgotten to put Prime in right away. So I guess I'd double check that you're adding the right amount (or even a little more).
    I have been using dechlorinator. Her breaths are very deep and her gill plates almost look flared out if that makes sense

Registered Member

In the old days we would take the fish out and swab the area with mercurochrome

All I can think of in this case is to use something to get rid of gill flukes. If her immune system had been compromised from dealing with the weird spot on her side, gill flukes may have decided to take over. I've used PP in the past, but a gentler approach would be to use Wormer Plus. Supposedly it gets flukes as well. I sure hope you can get her well. She's been through a lot.
    Mama Bear

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by LizStreithorst View Post
    All I can think of in this case is to use something to get rid of gill flukes. If her immune system had been compromised from dealing with the weird spot on her side, gill flukes may have decided to take over. I've used PP in the past, but a gentler approach would be to use Wormer Plus. Supposedly it gets flukes as well. I sure hope you can get her well. She's been through a lot.
    I have some pp, wormer plus and ordered some fluke x last week that should be here soon maybe even today. What would be my best bet? I really don’t want to loose her if I can do anything to help it

Wormer Plus is what I'd go with. I just hope my diagnosis is right.
    Mama Bear

Real Name
    Francis

Wormer Plus only treats Camallanus worms, anchor worms , flukes and fish lice according to the label.

298C6BE8-4815-4342-A4ED-9139C82B2699.jpg
    Grasshopper
    Francis

Registered Member

Started wormer plus last night.. hopefully have some positive news soon. Thanks for the help!

Registered Member

Not seen much for improvement other than she is still alive.. she hasn’t eaten since I can’t remember when.. but I did notice some bright white poop.. and last night before I changed water and re dosed the wormer plus I noticed one of her gills wasn’t moving and the other side was, seems to be using both again now though..

She needs time. She's been bombarded with drugs. Just time and lots of WC plus salt for now.
    Mama Bear

Registered Member

Finally some progress.. she is off the top corner (where she hasn’t moved from) and down pecking at food for the first time in weeks.

Mama Bear

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast