Update: my Altum Floras are all eating. Everyone is getting heat and salt treatments, and for now it seems like no medicine is needed in either tank. There is still the weak fish who is certainly less active and darker than the other fish, but its eating, so I'm not going to worry about it. If that fish goes downhill again in the future I'm not subjecting the entire tank to medicine - may end up rehoming it or putting it in a quarantine tank.

It's been a bumpy couple weeks with these fish but it seems like things are on the up and up. I'm determined to make it to breeding age with both groups. I'm considering taking some of my least favorite fish to the LFS sometime to reduce competition among my favorite fish/those I want to breed. They also lost their discus supplier (Hans), so they are paying more for discus right now. Perhaps a business opportunity awaits once i have high body blue snake skins & altum flora babies in the future...

Rough couple of weeks but I'm looking forward to continuing in the hobby and caring for these fish.