AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Head Standing

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

Default Re: Head Standing

Quote Originally Posted by LizStreithorst View Post
    Upside-down again this morning. I've quit worrying about it. I just hope she doesn't OD on salt.
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Gary

Is this the female of our favorite pair?

No, this is the female living next door to them. I wanted fry from them because it'll be an outcross for my line. I've noticed too many short gill plates so I know it's time for outside blood.
    Mama Bear

I'll give her one more week to at least show some interest in spawning before I change her out for my widow. The male is ready. He has ben ready. He spends most of his time staring at the cone. Al, I may have to swap baby fish with you and grow them out before I outcross.
    Mama Bear

I'll give her one more week to at least show some interest in spawning before I change her out for my widow. The male is ready. He has ben ready. He spends most of his time staring at the cone. Al, I may have to swap baby fish with you and grow them out before I outcross.
    I will tell my pairs that you want them to stop messing around and spawn quickly!

al
    AquaticSuppliers.comFoods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

I hope it works. Talking to them doesn't work for me. Even playing them sexy R&B doesn't work for mine.
    Mama Bear

My headstander and her husband were in the one of my "pair" tanks that I get to watch when I'm resting on the sofa in the fishroom. It got to the point where I just couldn't stand it anymore. I swapped her for my widow lady. I haven't slapped her on the concrete yet, though, but I'm sure I will in the next few days. She never got horizontal. It hurt my heart watching her.

The male and widow did some lip locking at first. Then they seemed to get along. Then he was nipping her on the side. Now they're lip locking again. The headstander has always been his love, but although the female is much younger, she's no sissy. I'll get a better sense of whether I'll see some love between them tomorrow.

I haven't slapped the headstander on the concrete floor yet. I've got her in a 20 with a little more that 10 gallons of water in it with 3 tablespoons of salt. If she doesn't show any progress in a few more days, she'll hit the concrete had and get tossed into the back yard for critters.

I'm sorry. There just comes to a point where I have to harden my heart so it doesn't break.
    Mama Bear

Real Name
    Jacob

Darn, Liz
    Hopefully she makes an unexpected recovery or elsewise nourishes something that can use it!

My headstander and her husband were in the one of my "pair" tanks that I get to watch when I'm resting on the sofa in the fishroom. It got to the point where I just couldn't stand it anymore. I swapped her for my widow lady. I haven't slapped her on the concrete yet, though, but I'm sure I will in the next few days. She never got horizontal. It hurt my heart watching her.

The male and widow did some lip locking at first. Then they seemed to get along. Then he was nipping her on the side. Now they're lip locking again. The headstander has always been his love, but although the female is much younger, she's no sissy. I'll get a better sense of whether I'll see some love between them tomorrow.

I haven't slapped the headstander on the concrete floor yet. I've got her in a 20 with a little more that 10 gallons of water in it with 3 tablespoons of salt. If she doesn't show any progress in a few more days, she'll hit the concrete had and get tossed into the back yard for critters.

I'm sorry. There just comes to a point where I have to harden my heart so it doesn't break.
    Liz, sometimes you need to do something thats unpleasant but is best. btw that age old native american tradition of burying Fish under vegetable crops does work well Liz.. my buryiing ground is my tomato planter boxes .

al
    AquaticSuppliers.comFoods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Good idea. My dog burial ground is my veggie garden.
    Mama Bear

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234