AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: Tank question

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Mike

Default Tank question

I bought second hand old oceanic 120 gal drilled tank. It’s a beast. I’ve noticed some of the silicone starting to bubble along the 2 corner overflows. The tank was in the previous owners basement and unfilled. There’s a 2 year old wrapped 120 gal from SC aquarium, never used. They are asking for $750 (~$1,200 new). I’m trying to weigh the peace of mind for a “new” tank vs keeping on with my old oceanic which is a beast but the silicone is old…. Thoughts. Is the asking price for the tank reasonable… appreciate it.

Real Name
    Tom

Default Re: Tank question

$750 isn’t a bad price for new. Is it being sold at a pet store? Check it over good. I saw a pet store trying to sell a 150 for $600. Looked like a great deal till one of the workers told me to look at the bottom sides. Outside corners both had chips. There may be a reason it hasn’t sold. May want to open the wrapper.

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Josh

I would never buy a used tank unless you are very comfortable with resealing silicone. Yeah you might save a couple hundred dollars, but losing all your fish and the cost of water damages to your house just don't make it worth it to me if there's something wrong with the tank.

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Mike

It’s via Craigslist- still wrapped.

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Josh

Quote Originally Posted by mleibowi View Post
    It’s via Craigslist- still wrapped.
    Oops, misread your post! My apologies. Seems like the agreat deal in that case!