AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: Attention all, Please read....

Exclamation Attention all, Please read....

Hi Everyone,
    I wanted to make a thread here asking for your help. As you probably know spammers abound everywhere.They text us , email us, and even find their way onto forums like ours. If you see a post that looks like it may be a spammer, Please report it
    It takes a moment.. lower left corner, look for the triangle with the exclamation mark.. click and report..

report.png

What ever you do, do not follow any links in the spammer post.. Doing so can take you to who knows where. Just report it and we will deal with the spammer appropriately.

The other thing that you all can do to help here is be secure yourself. Be sure your computers have updated virus definitions and that your operating systems are still supported. Example you really should not be running Windows XP, win 2000 or win 98. You may laugh but its a valid comment. You next should have very strong passwords.. Combination of letters (capital and lower case) and numbers and special characters. Please see this article.. https://www.upguard.com/blog/the-pas...rity-checklist

I know this is probably things you are all familiar with by now but if it helps protect one person here, than it was worth the post.

thanks,
    Al
    AquaticSuppliers.com Freeze Dried BlackWorms and other foods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Registered Member

Default Re: Attention all, Please read....

Al
    This may be a dumb question. I am not the most computer savvy person but how would spot a spam inquiry,ect.
    Jay

Real Name
    Steve

My experience:
    first post from (fairly) new member with abstract screen name. Topic vaguely related to thread, maybe encyclopedic (bot), including a suggested link to more info or a product.

If in doubt, reported it and the admins will check it out.
    Lifting dictionaries literally strengthens your muscles.

Hi Jay
    In addition to what Steve said these spammers usually are selling something, promoting something like a service or website.

Really any posts that are selling or promoting products , services or websites outside our sponsor board/ classifieds should be reported as they are either spam or posts by members not authorized to do these action. Most of the time they are spammers as the forum community usually knows whats acceptable where.
    AquaticSuppliers.com Freeze Dried BlackWorms and other foods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images