AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: Am I twisted for wanting snow?

Registered Member

Default Am I twisted for wanting snow?

348A804C-67D5-4636-96DE-6077E71CF89E.jpg
    No accumulation so far this year. I would love a few good snowstorms before March. Come March I am ready for Spring, thank you. The blessings and curse of living on the coastal plain of Virginia, a cold winter means mid thirties and rain.

Default Re: Am I twisted for wanting snow?

Not twisted at all. We haven't had any in Ct either...and I sorely want it. I do love the beauty of it when it first falls.I dont want those 2-3 foot storms but we need snow here.. no snow is bad news for us with pests like ticks and yellow jackets. When weather is mild these things survive more. Last year was mild.. Lone star ticks made huge inroads into CT.. and as for yellow jackets.. i had 7 yellow jacket nests in my house walls.. 7 . I have never had them like this. In my home office I killed thousands in a 3 week period this past fall. I literally have to rip the siding off my house this winter and clean out the nests

I also am really worried about the trees in my yard.. too many warm days and the trees bud.. then a freeze and its really bad.

So no you arent twisted.. a good snow fall or 2 or 3 would be great!

Al
    AquaticSuppliers.com Freeze Dried BlackWorms and other foods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Registered Member

Default Re: Am I twisted for wanting snow?

Al
    I know what you mean about Ticks, trees,ect. My dog would come in with some at the end of Dec. with ticks. Unheard of.
    Also, a lot of other animals are getting screwed up due to the abnormal high temps.. The temp at around
    1pm today was 80 in the sun and 65 in the shade. Crazy, but I love it.
    A snowfall won't kill ticks. They are living under leaf litter and keep relatively warm. What will kill them
    or at least control them is temps in the teens to low 20s which here is normal at this time of year.
    Anyway, no snow or low temps forecast according to " weather underground"
    Jay