AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hans is back

Default Hans is back

I looks like he is now selling discus from Thailand I was told. They look really nice.
    Just Call Me Chuck

Disclaimer : I am an old man and all this information is from the top of my head so any mistakes noted I claim the 5th

Real Name
    Tom

Default Re: Hans is back

What’s his shop called?

Real Name
    Jacob

Yep, he is DiscusX distributor now.
    https://discusfishstore.com/
    That's his website, Tom.

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Mike

I’m so confused by this. I never bought from him but spoke to hans- really nice guy. What’s going on now???

Real Name
    Jacob

He used to sell Stendker, but Stendker is closing down.
    He moved his shop closer to house he bought for 'retirement', but had a flat roof and was about falling down it sounded like. So he has relocated the fish house twice in a very short period of time.
    That's from the business standpoint. He has had some health issues that he's posted about on Facebook.
    I bought Stendkers from him almost a year ago and he was great, felt like I got treated really well and he had no idea who I was. Answered a question I had before buying. Called the day my fish arrived. Texted a couple times with me the day off just about how soon I should heat them back up from shipping temp. Great guy so far as I have experienced.
    More recently he replied to a picture I put on my personal Facebook page of worm eggs in my discus poop (without asking or tagging him, he just saw it).

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Mike

Thanks Jacob- I thought he closed shop. Hope his health is better and glad to hear he’s still in the discus buisiness.

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwcarlson View Post
    He used to sell Stendker, but Stendker is closing down.
    He moved his shop closer to house he bought for 'retirement', but had a flat roof and was about falling down it sounded like. So he has relocated the fish house twice in a very short period of time.
    That's from the business standpoint. He has had some health issues that he's posted about on Facebook.
    I bought Stendkers from him almost a year ago and he was great, felt like I got treated really well and he had no idea who I was. Answered a question I had before buying. Called the day my fish arrived. Texted a couple times with me the day off just about how soon I should heat them back up from shipping temp. Great guy so far as I have experienced.
    More recently he replied to a picture I put on my personal Facebook page of worm eggs in my discus poop (without asking or tagging him, he just saw it).
    This is all true, but you forgot to mention he also plays the drums and co-founded the famous rock band Fleetwood Mac.

(Kidding, but he does look exactly like mick fleetwood)

Registered Member

The old one was 45 min from my house. Sigh. Has Anyone heard of discusX?

Real Name
    Jacob

I have levamisole from DiscusX, but I do not know about their fish. They look nice, though. I think Tammy interviewed them on her YouTube channel (Discus Talk).

Real Name
    Francis

Tammy interview with the owner Amgad of Discus X

https://youtu.be/ex61_mipnpQ
    Grasshopper
    Francis

Me to now 2 and a half hr drive.

Quote Originally Posted by bossanova View Post
    The old one was 45 min from my house. Sigh. Has Anyone heard of discusX?
    Just Call Me Chuck

Disclaimer : I am an old man and all this information is from the top of my head so any mistakes noted I claim the 5th

Registered Member

2.5 hours for quality discus is nothing! Granted if you were spoiled by a 45 minute drive I can understand why it would be a bit on an inconvenience. My big take away is that the largest best known discus facility in Europe is no longer the source for Hans, after many years of being their U.S. distributor.

Real Name
    Jacob

Quote Originally Posted by Hicgup View Post
    2.5 hours for quality discus is nothing! Granted if you were spoiled by a 45 minute drive I can understand why it would be a bit on an inconvenience. My big take away is that the largest best known discus facility in Europe is no longer the source for Hans, after many years of being their U.S. distributor.
    I'm really confused as to what has transpired. In early October Stendker said they had stopped breeding in August and were basically "clearing out". But Super Cichlids in Delaware (Hans relocated basically right behind them initially and you could buy his fish in their store)... Not sure how much warning Hans had compared to the general public, but what is Hans supposed to do... just stop doing what he does? Then... In the middle of October Super Cichlids said they are the future home of "Stendker Discus USA" (and would be doing breeding of Stendker discus). Stendker also posted about this saying Super Cichlids would be the only authorized breeder and food retailer in the US, so it's not just like they were planning on buying some stock and making fry.

I feel like some 'other stuff' went on behind the scenes here. Weird. But... it's not really any of my business.

Registered Member

Not really my business either, but my day job is fish business so it makes me curious. Stendker appears to be “up and running” but did notice in January they will ship adult discus (99 euro ea.) direct to homes in Germany. Super Cichlids doesn’t ship fish, so they may be the only U.S. distributor for Stendker, but I can’t see them selling fish like Hans did (unless there is a jobber nearby).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast