AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Weather where you are...

Default Weather where you are...

I saw this at another forum I visit, its a simple concept but interesting. Members post the weather where they are.. photos and vids welcome.

Might go some like this....

18 F in northford CT USA. cold with some windchill warnings. Supposed to be SUNNY AND CLEAR is whats called for...morning clouds .NEXT few going to be real cold..

20230202_071651.jpg
    AquaticSuppliers.com Freeze Dried BlackWorms and other foods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Real Name
    Mervin

Default Re: Weather where you are...

Up here in Nova Scotia Canada, so far it's been a good winter. The lakes here are just starting to freeze a few days ago. I remember going skating on the lakes around the middle of December, when I was a kid, not nowadays. Never have I seen such a warm winter here in this part of the world. We did have a few small snow storms that there was snow on the ground a day or so, but mostly rain. Friday and Saturday we will be getting -10C which is quite cold. Then back up to around freezing. Fiona did some damage last fall in the eastern part of the province; other than that we're been having great weather. So, winter here so far is going to be short. Nice sunny day today.

Real Name
    Mervin

By the way Al, did you ever get up here? You in boxed me a while ago and said you might get up this way.

Real Name
    Jacob

We've had a relatively mild winter so far. A handful of nights in the -10 degree range, but just a couple at a time. Tonight back to -8, I think and then tomorrow night around 0. But then days climbing back into the 40s. It's been a kind winter here in Iowa so far. We did get about 7" of snow or so this past weekend.

Real Name
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by jwcarlson View Post
    We've had a relatively mild winter so far. A handful of nights in the -10 degree range, but just a couple at a time. Tonight back to -8, I think and then tomorrow night around 0. But then days climbing back into the 40s. It's been a kind winter here in Iowa so far. We did get about 7" of snow or so this past weekend.
    A few years ago, one of my company's locations I managed was in Souix City. Winters were the coldest I've experienced with temps -20 and 40mph winds and me standing outside talking on the phone trying to diagnose issues with our robots because there was no phone signal inside the plant. No thank you!!!

Real Name
    Jacob

Quote Originally Posted by jeep View Post
    A few years ago, one of my company's locations I managed was in Souix City. Winters were the coldest I've experienced with temps -20 and 40mph winds and me standing outside talking on the phone trying to diagnose issues with our robots because there was no phone signal inside the plant. No thank you!!!
    I'm on the other side of the state, but yeah... we get a lot of wind when our cold comes through, usually. We had a day a few years back with -65 or -70 degree wind chills. I can't remember the exact air temperature, but it was something like -40 I think. I know there's a lot of factors, but I don't feel much difference in air temperatures from 20 to -20 unless there's wind. That's when it gets miserable.

Quote Originally Posted by bluelagoon View Post
    By the way Al, did you ever get up here? You in boxed me a while ago and said you might get up this way.
    WE did Mervin..but only went into Nova Scotia for a day. Most of the trip was at Alma and Fundy Park in New Brunswick. We went into Nova scotia for fossils..matter of fact my wife and I celebrated our wedding anniversary there..had a nice dinner by the water at sunset. ..this was 2019..we planned on coming back.. then the pandemic
    hit. We did make it quebec city for a 4 day trip though tbis past summer.. .. still need to go back to your neck of the woods.

Al
    AquaticSuppliers.com Freeze Dried BlackWorms and other foods your Discus will Love!!!

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

Real Name
    Mervin

Al, check out the south shore on the old highways and all the white sand beaches if you ever get this way to spend some time. It's going to be cold here tonight. They say it might be record breaking temperatures. Record is -26C. Wind chills -30-40C. Now that's cold. This will only last a day and then back to mild. What a crazy but mostly mild winter here.

Thanks for the tip Mervin, we are planning a return trip maybe this summer.. WE have a bit of that cold here in CT as well... its the 20 s F now and the windchill makes it feel like Zero. ..Tonight they are calling for negatives. Then back to fall temps!

al

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

Registered Member

I'm flying out from Jupiter Florida - 85 degrees to Boston -10 degrees - by the time I get in at 11PM.

Real Name
    Jacob

Got down to like -5 or -6 F last night, windchills overnight probably close to -20? Drilled some experimental ice fishing holes on a farm pond this morning with my dad. He's going out tomorrow. Solid 6" of ice or maybe a bit more.
    High in single digits today, but it doesn't feel too bad because it's calmed down and a little sun shining. Trying to finish up around the new shower I put in *cough* a year ago *cough* High in the low 40s tomorrow! And some some days looking into the low 50s this coming week.

Quote Originally Posted by captainandy View Post
    I'm flying out from Jupiter Florida - 85 degrees to Boston -10 degrees - by the time I get in at 11PM.
    I flew out of Cedar Rapids, Iowa at -20s F and into Phoenix where the lows at night were in the 50s. It's weird having that big a temperature swing in a matter of a few hours or so.
    Last edited by jwcarlson; 02-03-2023 at 04:35 PM.

Crisp frigid night here . Down in the negatives .The temp is now -6 at 7 am. Oddly enough theres a wren calling outside my window.

Sometime during the night our pipes froze... found out we had no water at about 4 am . Been in this house 22 years and never had frozen pipes. The freeze spot was where the well line came in. We were lucky that it was an accessible spot.. I was able to thaw the area with a well placed space heater..
    Al

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

It has either been way colder here down to 16 from 70 the day before. It will be in the 70's again today. Crazy.
    Mama Bear

Registered Member

We are starting a warming trend now. It's going to be above 0 F for awhile. The other night it was -27 F. That is the coldest this year.

I live in northern Minnesota; a few miles from Canada. Most of the Canadian population is south of me.

Quote Originally Posted by pbhonl View Post
    We are starting a warming trend now. It's going to be above 0 F for awhile. The other night it was -27 F. That is the coldest this year.

I live in northern Minnesota; a few miles from Canada. Most of the Canadian population is south of me.
    So basically I know now how Pat feels when I tease her for using the word "cold" to describe Florida this winter..lol.
    -27 is cold! However it makes frosting glasses for beer a breeze.
    Al

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast