AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Going to need a new aquarium

Default Re: Going to need a new aquarium

In other news my youngest wants an aquarium in his room so we are going to set up a 20 gallon tall with some Tetras and checkerboard cichlids (all South American).
    That sounds great Dave.. encourage that fish keeping all you can!

al
    AquaticSuppliers.comFoods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Real Name
    Dave

Default Re: Going to need a new aquarium

Will set up the tank on an antique solid wood desk, remove all substrate (will replace), fill tank with bleach water and get it running so that filters and tank get cleaned thoroughly, will then coat any hard water with vinegar and newspaper, and scrub and scrape.

A few water changes and I will then rinse any filter sponges in filtered water so I can hopefully throw them in the 75 gallon aquarium for a couple weeks to get some good bacteria on them.

A Fluval plant light (LED) will be here later today. I plan on putting some high iron substrate and some Amazon Swords in the 20. I may throw a colony of Sterbai Cories in there and see if I can get a colony going as well. I have starts of Anubias to put in the tank, and will get some driftwood to soak once I have confirmed no chlorine/bleach is in the tank.

My son knows it could be a few months before we add any fish.
    God is the artist, he merely allows me to see and capture his work . http://davesphotography7055.zenfolio.com/ coupon code: angelfish
    some of my work accepted by Pentax (the camera bodies I use): http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/davidgray

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12