ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: Photos posting sideways?

Real Name
    Sabrina

Default Photos posting sideways?

Hi,
    Can someone please explain why my photos are turning sideways when I post them?
    Thanks
    For the LOVE of Discus!

Real Name
    Francis

Default Re: Photos posting sideways?

Why are my pictures posting upside down or sideways on the forum?

When taking pictures with your mobile device, which many of us do, most software programs can tell which way you
    had it positioned when you took the picture so it knows which way is "up". Koiphen can't do that. It is assuming you have
    the device position in "landscape" mode, meaning you have it positioned horizontally and the "top" of the device is on the side.

https://www.koiphen.com/forums/showt...-on-the-forum&
    Grasshopper
    Francis

Real Name
    Sabrina

Oh, right, thanks Francis!!
    So I have to take the photos on my phone with the phone turned sideways I guess
    For the LOVE of Discus!

Real Name
    Sabrina

Francis, I just worked something out...

When I take photos with my phones installed camera, then download them onto my computer from the cloud storage, then upload to a post here, they go sideways..

When I take photos in Snapchat camera on my phone, then download them onto my computer from the cloud storage, then upload to a post here, they post here the right way up!!

So, moral to this story is, taking photos on the Snapchat camera, saving them, then downloading them from the OneDrive cloud onto your computer, then uploading them here, they end up the right way up

Of course I use my computer to access this site as mentioned, but I would be interested if anyone uses their phone to access this site, if they tried to upload a Snapchat photo directly to this site if the photo turns up the right way....

Anyway, thought i would share this for all to read, saves cropping or editing photos before you share here like mentioned by AL in his post about photos turning sideways..................

Sabrina
    For the LOVE of Discus!