ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: No KH or GH out of the tap

Registered Member

Default Re: No KH or GH out of the tap

BTW, I forgot to ask…how much of a rise in pH and KH should I expect to see? I just recently added an air pump with bubbler (in my grow out tank) just to ensure I have enough oxygen in there, because I’m running my temp at 30C/86F. Well, I came down this morning to my pH around 6.8-6.9. Went out and came home late in the evening and my pH was down to 6.2.

Quote Originally Posted by Gremi16 View Post
    BTW, I forgot to ask…how much of a rise in pH and KH should I expect to see? I just recently added an air pump with bubbler (in my grow out tank) just to ensure I have enough oxygen in there, because I’m running my temp at 30C/86F. Well, I came down this morning to my pH around 6.8-6.9. Went out and came home late in the evening and my pH was down to 6.2.

Apparently you probably need more! it should definitely be moving up, not down! How much are you using and how?

al
    AquaticSuppliers.com Freeze Dried BlackWorms and other foods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by brewmaster15 View Post
    Apparently you probably need more! it should definitely be moving up, not down! How much are you using and how?

al
    I just put the shells in yesterday so no change due to that yet. The swing happened before that. I was using baking soda. Maybe I just put in too much. After my water change, I didn’t see a change in the pH, so I added more…maybe too much. Anyway. I have the shells in now, stopping the baking soda. I will monitor it closely and see how it goes. Woke up to the pH at 6.5. If I can get it to stabilize there, I’d be ecstatic. Good thing is, the fish don’t seem to be stressing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12