ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tried to buy pork heart

Default Re: Tried to buy pork heart

I use a metal handled hammer, or I should say I used to. I don't do much nail hammering anymore. But when I tried target practice with a bow, I was lucky if I even hit the target.
    Mama Bear

Real Name
    Jacob

Al's got the jist of it. I hunt to harvest meat, basically. And I do not put the effort in to ethically harvest an animal with a recurve. My brother has used one in the past, as a challenge. He got a turkey with it, I cannot remember if he got a deer. His good friend hunts exclusively with a recurve. They're both firefighters and have... Some additional free time in life, we'll say (working 9-10 days a month).

I didn't mean to talk poorly abour recurves, anyone shooting one of those well is at least twice the archer that I am.

Registered Member

About 10 years ago, for Father’s Day, they bought me a large target and a regular bow and arrows.
    Lost about a dozen arrows in 1/2 an hour and gave up.
    No skills. Didn’t even hit the target

Quote Originally Posted by jwcarlson View Post
    Al's got the jist of it. I hunt to harvest meat, basically. And I do not put the effort in to ethically harvest an animal with a recurve. My brother has used one in the past, as a challenge. He got a turkey with it, I cannot remember if he got a deer. His good friend hunts exclusively with a recurve. They're both firefighters and have... Some additional free time in life, we'll say (working 9-10 days a month).

I didn't mean to talk poorly abour recurves, anyone shooting one of those well is at least twice the archer that I am.
    No offence taken Jacob. I use my recurves for hunting but mostly for recreation and as a means of blowing off steam. I enjoy the challenge and twang of the bow string. Love the feel of a recurve in my hand. I even went so far as make my own arrows and fletch feather for a time. Next to my camera gear.. Archery helped get me though the last few years.
    AquaticSuppliers.com Freeze Dried BlackWorms and other foods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12