ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Page 20 of 49 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you up to today?

Real Name
    Dave

Default Re: What are you up to today?

Quote Originally Posted by LizStreithorst View Post
    That sure is a pretty piece of wood, Greg.

I'm plum tuckered today after cleaning house yesterday. When my back feels pretty good, I forget I'm no longer wonder woman or even a normal woman, and plan to do more than I can get done. Moving furniture around to get the areas vacuumed and mopped was what wore me out. I got some mopping done, but have more to mop. I doubt that I'll get it done today, but I'll try.

I did get going early again. The rest of the throw rugs are clean and hung on the pasture do dry as are my bed sheets. I found a stink but yesterday and one today, but they haven't found my 'maters yet. I must get the insect netting on the plants before they get plentiful and ruin my crop like they did last year.
    Sorry your back hurts Liz.

I have neck and shoulder issues from a bomb loading that went bad during Desert Storm... the guy across from me lost his grip on my arms; it was a 2000 pound bomb being loaded by 10 gents, and the Navy doesn't use mechanical hoists (or didn't back then).

Today I am doing water changes, taking Barkeepers friend to glass aquarium lids, and smoking meat (meatloaf, tri-tip, round roast, and chuck roast).
    God is the artist, he merely allows me to see and capture his work . http://davesphotography7055.zenfolio.com/ coupon code: angelfish
    some of my work accepted by Pentax (the camera bodies I use): http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/davidgray

Real Name
    Greg

That sure is a pretty piece of wood, Greg.

I'm plum tuckered today after cleaning house yesterday. When my back feels pretty good, I forget I'm no longer wonder woman or even a normal woman, and plan to do more than I can get done. Moving furniture around to get the areas vacuumed and mopped was what wore me out. I got some mopping done, but have more to mop. I doubt that I'll get it done today, but I'll try.

I did get going early again. The rest of the throw rugs are clean and hung on the pasture do dry as are my bed sheets. I found a stink but yesterday and one today, but they haven't found my 'maters yet. I must get the insect netting on the plants before they get plentiful and ruin my crop like they did last year.
    Thank you, Liz. It looks so good in Nick's tank and the Discus love to hang behind and under it at times.
    That work around the farm is what keeps you young. I need to move more.
    `·.¸¸.·´><(((( º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><(((( º> ¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><(((( º> ....... ><((( º> . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . <º (((((( >< ~~~~~~~~~~~

Real Name
    Greg

I always start my weekend with an overambitious list, only to get about 20% completed by Sunday night and I'm so tired of that.
    I never sit still, I get a lot done, but I get sidetracked.

This weekend I'm trying something different. I'm keeping my list small and only things I commit to accomplishing.

1. Clean the pool filter, brush and check chems.
    2. Change the light bulbs in garage.
    3. Clean up the piles of papers in my office (2 hours at least.)
    4. Change discus water.
    5. Make product review videos for Amazon.

Now if I focus, maybe I can get this done Saturday, then Sunday freestyle it.

And that's it Greg! Besides church and meals. . . . . I'd be curious if any others have a similar issue and how you've managed or conquered it.
    `·.¸¸.·´><(((( º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><(((( º> ¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><(((( º> ....... ><((( º> . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . <º (((((( >< ~~~~~~~~~~~

I think it's that way with everyone. It gets worse as you get older and move more slowly. I find myself thinking of projects that would be fun to do, then realize how much bending and stretching and lifting and carrying would be involved and decide against it.

For me today it's pharmacy, which is 12 miles north of me and then the feed store which it 25 miles south of that. Oh, first I get to get a 50 lb sack of horse feed out of the car and into the house. Not my favorite job.
    Mama Bear

Real Name
    Brian

I finally have a day off work so I'm painting and insulating a new 75g and 29g and building stands for both and setting them up so I can make room for more fry. Then I'm mowing for 3 hours. Then planting a peach tree and a pear tree. Then washing the dogs. Then weeding the garden. Then cleaning the house. I'm tired already

I'd love to know if you actually get all that done, Superman.
    Mama Bear

Greg I can relate. My to-do list is never completed... theres never enough time in the dayand I only sleep a few hours a night . It was much easier when I was younger. Its not so much I am old now and not as active.. its more a question of As I age I try to fit more and more things into the same number of hours. Each year I find I have more obligations and my hobbys grow. Its hard to let those things go to make room time wise for others. ..sometimes thats just what we need to do. Ive largely settled on fish, photography and farming as my 3 big ones now...even so..its hard to fit those in with family, work, and home obligations.

I do what I can...its all anyone can do.
    Al
    AquaticSuppliers.com Freeze Dried BlackWorms and other foods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Real Name
    Brian

I'd love to know if you actually get all that done, Superman.
    Judging by the way things have started, I estimate 50%, lol...

Real Name
    Dave

Family is going for our ear lowering appointment, then grocery shopping, finally getting frozen yogurt at a new place owned by an Army veteran.
    I will after groceries are put away do a water change in the 20 gallon in my bedroom (no fish in it yet), and cleaning the lid with some barkeepers friend; I will do the same with my 75 gallon as well (it is overdue).
    God is the artist, he merely allows me to see and capture his work . http://davesphotography7055.zenfolio.com/ coupon code: angelfish
    some of my work accepted by Pentax (the camera bodies I use): http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/davidgray

Real Name
    Brian

I was correct. I got 50% of the tanks done, 50% of the yard done, 50% of the trees done but only 25% of the weeds done, lol...

I'm not too worried about the other tank. I've gotten stand building down to a science. The 75 stand took me 20 minutes

75 stand.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by jeep View Post
    I was correct. I got 50% of the tanks done, 50% of the yard done, 50% of the trees done but only 25% of the weeds done, lol...

I'm not too worried about the other tank. I've gotten stand building down to a science. The 75 stand took me 20 minutes

75 stand.jpg
    Lol.. so basically you make your to-do list twice as long as you have time for.

Sounds real familar. Glad you got alot done.. stand looks great.. no cracks.. predrilled holes? Perfect!

I ended up moving abunch of adults out of 125 to smaller tanks so I could move my fry to the 125 gal. The tank hadnt been broken down in ages so I totally cleaned it from top tp bottom. .. took a break to check out a local rose garden and coffee shop. Got some stuff done.. others on the list will be moved to tomorrows list.
    AquaticSuppliers.com Freeze Dried BlackWorms and other foods your Discus will Love!!!

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

Real Name
    Dave

LOL, so my wife didn't look at her calendar... Haircuts are next week....

We did get groceries, frozen yogurt at a new place, and I got the water change done on the 20 gallon in my bedroom. I am cleaning the glass lid with Barkeepers Friend to get rid of the hard water calcification.

Real Name
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by brewmaster15 View Post
    Lol.. so basically you make your to-do list twice as long as you have time for.

Sounds real familar. Glad you got alot done.. stand looks great.. no cracks.. predrilled holes? Perfect!

I ended up moving abunch of adults out of 125 to smaller tanks so I could move my fry to the 125 gal. The tank hadnt been broken down in ages so I totally cleaned it from top tp bottom. .. took a break to check out a local rose garden and coffee shop. Got some stuff done.. others on the list will be moved to tomorrows list.
    More like 10 times as long, lol... These things have been on the list for a month. I thought I had the whole weekend off but I today I found out I have to leave for Louisville tomorrow. But, I'm passing near my father, sister and brothers houses so I'll have a few hours to stop and see them. It's been 5 years!

And, finishing water changes at 11:30 on a Saturday night kinda sucks but at least it's an accomplishment

Quote Originally Posted by jeep View Post
    More like 10 times as long, lol... These things have been on the list for a month. I thought I had the whole weekend off but I today I found out I have to leave for Louisville tomorrow. But, I'm passing near my father, sister and brothers houses so I'll have a few hours to stop and see them. It's been 5 years!

And, finishing water changes at 11:30 on a Saturday night kinda sucks but at least it's an accomplishment
    Have a safe trip!Enjoy the Visit.

Today is Father's day for me.. Kind of weird but Next 2 Sundays are busy as hell for my family so they voted to move up Fathers Day a week for me. So with that as an excuse..I am free to do whatever I please today, which probably will entail working in fish tanks and some photography and may end with a snooze in the hammock and a nice meal.

al

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I picked up some sweetcorn seed while I was at the feed store buying food for my old horse, Charlotte. My fun thing today will be planting a little plot of corn in the place I harvested my garlic. I ordered some purple pole beans that will be in Wednesday that I'll plant next to the corn so they can grow up the stalks. It's a good thing to do. Corn is a heavy feeder and the roots add nitrogen to the soil when the plants die and the roots break down.

After that, I have no choice but to clean house. I like the results, but I hate the doing part unless I manage to really get into it. the problem with cleaning is that with all these dogs in and out of the house all day long, it's next to impossible for it to stay clean for any length of time.
    Mama Bear

Page 20 of 49 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast