ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Page 1 of 46 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you up to today?

Default What are you up to today?

After a busy week, I have nothing pressing to do today. I'm enjoying it.

It's warm here but very windy. The wind blew out the bottom half of my window which I probably didn't put in correctly after I tilted it in to clean the outside. My dear sweet neighbor who helps me when I can't do something came down and put it in for me.

I have a pot of Cajun red beans with spicy Cajun sausage almost ready. Although I need to do some house work, I'll probably take a nap after eating my red beans and rice. It's quite filling. Then it will be WC time. I usually don't have much left after I get WC done, but if I do I'll do some house cleaning. Otherwise I'll watch fish.
    Mama Bear

Real Name
    Brian

Default Re: What are you up to today?

If I was closer I would come have lunch with you. That sounds tasty!!

Registered Member

Glad you asked. Getting my every 10 year colonoscopy this afternoon. I kid you not>
    Prep was awful.

As a reminder to all, the incidence of colon cancer is on the rise and early detection will save your life.

Registered Member

Miserable day here, snowing and pouring down rain at the same time with 40mph winds and about 38 degrees... ugh

It is good, Brian. I'd have been happy to feed you. I have 5 dogs politely waiting for a little treat, and of course I need to give a spoon full to my pet chicken.
    Mama Bear

Quote Originally Posted by captainandy View Post
    Glad you asked. Getting my every 10 year colonoscopy this afternoon. I kid you not>
    Prep was awful.

As a reminder to all, the incidence of colon cancer is on the rise and early detection will save your life.
    I've done that twice. The prep sucks. You poop your guts out, which is what they need. At 72, I don't think I'll bother to do it again,
    Mama Bear

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by captainandy View Post
    Prep was awful.

Don't remind me, as I skipped my scheduled conlonoscopy last year because there was a surge of Covid.

Real Name
    Dave

took dog to groomer
    Had breakfast out
    BSed with a vendor I frequently purchase items for the Dam from
    Got teeth cleaned
    picked up dog

Now to fold laundry
    Get laundry in the wash
    watch some TV
    take son to violin lessons
    Get Gas (no eating beans won't meet this demand)
    Eat dinner
    watch fish
    Go to bed.
    God is the artist, he merely allows me to see and capture his work . http://davesphotography7055.zenfolio.com/ coupon code: angelfish
    some of my work accepted by Pentax (the camera bodies I use): http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/davidgray

Just getting over a head cold here.... past few days I was really dragging tail. I packed up and shipped out orders for today and took a quick drive to the shoreline as it was a pretty mild day here and sunny ( now its cloudy and drizzling) .. wasn't there very long just a little sea air to clear the head. Of course I did bring my camera...its part of the process for me.. It was really quiet there, usually not on a nice day, had the place to myself. I did get lucky though, we get harbor seals in Long Island Sound in the winter and the beach I walk on often is a good place to see them. I haven't seen any all winter..today I saw three. It turned out to be a really good walk.

Seals Winter Vacation Destination by Al Sabetta, on Flickr

al
    AquaticSuppliers.com Freeze Dried BlackWorms and other foods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Real Name
    Brian

When I moved my aunt to my home from Florida, her dog brought his fleas with him so I spent the day eradicating them. One more pass with the carpet shampooer and I'll be done...

Real Name
    Jacob

I had the day off work. Changed serpentine belt in my truck so that I could go pickup a couple of new doors one for bathroom one for bedroom. Solid cores to replace these original early 70s hollow ones.
    I got home tore out the bathroom door and what do you know... It's too wide. I bought 32" instead of 30. I can see where I got turned around, I was looking at the left hand 30s which were right next to the 32 rights... Whoops. Both installed now. Started a batch of RO so I can do some WC on the Apistos this weekend. Discus WC here in a minute. Both doors did get installed, just didn't have them done before my wife/kids got home as planned.

Dang, everyone gets more stuff do than I do. But Dave, you made me feel guilty when you said that you took your dog to the groomer. I used to be a professional groomer. I'd won awards at grooming competitions. Being a groomer was how I defined myself. But that was before my back betrayed me.

But I'd been feeling guilty about how my little dog Pip was looking, and when you mentioned the groomer, I decided to do a bath and through brush out on her. She's just a small dog but she's FAT. Still, she couldn't possibly weigh more than 37 lbs. I just got done with her, gave her her squeaky toy, and lots of praise and kisses. It was enough for my back, but tomorrow she'll get a hair cut and I will be satisfied with both her and myself.
    Mama Bear

Real Name
    Jacob

Quote Originally Posted by LizStreithorst View Post
    Dang, everyone gets more stuff do than I do.
    Well, Liz... I am 38 so I don't much in the way of excuses.
    Seems like you do plenty!

Real Name
    Tom

Had a good day today. 2 weeks ago my dog passed from heart disease. Only 7. Well my wife found a rescue dog and we’ve been approved and should pick him up next week. My other dog Mia has been lost without him. So took her to a family house we’re selling and grabbed a 1916 sewing machine to give to a guy who’s interested. Thing was much heavier than I thought. With the sewing machine weighing at least 30lbs. Then the table must have weighed the same. Took me and the wife to carry just the table out of the basement. But got it home and the guy was very happy with it and gave me $100. So we went out to diner. It was a good day .

Tom , sorry to hear about the passing of your dog.. Family pets leave a huge hole when they leave. Congratulations though on your new Family Member!
    Sounds like win on the sewing machine sale and Dinner... great way to end the day.

Today is a lazy day for me.. water changes and doing odds and ends here. Its raining so no yard work.. took care of the chicken coops yesterday..normally thats a weekend chore. Today probably will candle a bunch of chicken eggs and see how many of the 22 we set up in the incubator are actually fertile.

I do need to change out a dryer vent hose today and run a cold water feed to our axolotl area...so will be doing some plumbing.
    AquaticSuppliers.com Freeze Dried BlackWorms and other foods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Page 1 of 46 12311 ... LastLast