AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Page 45 of 51 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you up to today?

Default Re: What are you up to today?

I had to do RO always and wait until they are almost wiggles to move to my tap. And yes I also had it down to 50 ppm with bad results with Rams and Discus. BN's they will hatch at any TDS. The Sterbai are hatching at right now at 90 ppm and haven't tried my reg tap yet with them(190-200).
    Just Call Me Chuck

Disclaimer : I am an old man and all this information is from the top of my head so any mistakes noted I claim the 5th

Real Name
    Jacob

Quote Originally Posted by Charlyc11 View Post
    I had to do RO always and wait until they are almost wiggles to move to my tap. And yes I also had it down to 50 ppm with bad results with Rams and Discus. BN's they will hatch at any TDS. The Sterbai are hatching at right now at 90 ppm and haven't tried my reg tap yet with them(190-200).
    My sterbai hatch in my regular tap water just fine. TDS is like 450, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by jwcarlson View Post
    My sterbai hatch in my regular tap water just fine. TDS is like 450, I think.
    Thanks Jacob good to know.
    Just Call Me Chuck

Disclaimer : I am an old man and all this information is from the top of my head so any mistakes noted I claim the 5th

Today I am taking my new Tacoma truck for his first checkup, it's been over 6 months more like 8 but only 4100 miles on it. They keep bugging me to bring it in since Toyota pays for them in the first two years so they want to get as many as they can. If i bring it in at every 5000 they might lose out on some. They only change the oil at 10000 anyway.
    Just Call Me Chuck

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

Initial plan today was to go play with the camera at Orlando Wetlands but had to cancel due to rain, it is going to be a wet soggy day. Since I got up early I started a pot roast in the crock pot for dinner. Later I may play with fish or frogs determine who is feeling photo worthy lol.
    Pat
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

Packing up and shipping out Blackworm orders and if time allows may take the camera out .. todays supposed to be 40 F and sunny... tomorrow is going to be real bad here with rain... 2-3 inches rain.
    Screenshot_20240322-081408_WeatherBug.jpg

Then a few days sun and 5 days rain. .. yuck.
    AquaticSuppliers.comFoods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Real Name
    Jacob

Last night I got a text from a coworker and the owner of the land where I have my bees that some of the hives had tipped over. He wanted to know if I wanted him to try to set them back up. That's a big NO. Even if it's cold like it is here now, honey bees can be nasty if the hive has been battered/tipped. So, I decided to head out there this AM before work. 4-5 hives had tipped and scattered (like dominoes). The bees were OK because it's quite cold, only one ended up on my hoodie. Not all the hives had bees in them anyway. Got them put back up, only took one good whack to the shoulder (thankfully missed my head) when the first hive fell back over while I was trying to get the next one upright.

Snowing and ice pelleting pretty hard. Over an inch on the ground a bit north of town, but when I got done and headed back south to work it was nearly sunny and the roads were dry.

Quote Originally Posted by jwcarlson View Post
    Last night I got a text from a coworker and the owner of the land where I have my bees that some of the hives had tipped over. He wanted to know if I wanted him to try to set them back up. That's a big NO. Even if it's cold like it is here now, honey bees can be nasty if the hive has been battered/tipped. So, I decided to head out there this AM before work. 4-5 hives had tipped and scattered (like dominoes). The bees were OK because it's quite cold, only one ended up on my hoodie. Not all the hives had bees in them anyway. Got them put back up, only took one good whack to the shoulder (thankfully missed my head) when the first hive fell back over while I was trying to get the next one upright.

Snowing and ice pelleting pretty hard. Over an inch on the ground a bit north of town, but when I got done and headed back south to work it was nearly sunny and the roads were dry.
    Think it was a critter Jacob?

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I'm impressed that you can still lift and stack those supers. They are "super" heavy.
    Mama Bear

Real Name
    Jacob

Quote Originally Posted by LizStreithorst View Post
    I'm impressed that you can still lift and stack those supers. They are "super" heavy.
    I'm only 40, Liz! Actually not even 40 yet.

Al, not a critter. It's been VERY windy here for the last few days.

Oh heck. You have another 20-plus years of heavy lifting.
    Mama Bear

Real Name
    Jacob

Quote Originally Posted by LizStreithorst View Post
    Oh heck. You have another 20-plus years of heavy lifting.
    They are pretty heavy, but this time of year they're about at their lightest. We've got snow on the ground right now. It won't last long, but it was in the 70s a couple weeks ago.

Just had a nice dinner at a local restaurant. It was a fundraiser for the 8th grade school class. Money went to the 8th grade trip to Washington DC. Its a 4 day trip the whole grade goes to..they see the Capitol, memorials...lay a wreath at the tomb of the unknown soldiers... they see and do alot. My wife is a 8th grade history teacher and goes on the trip. Anyhow this restaurant donated the entire ticket price of the dinner to the school specifically for kids that could not afford to go... extremely Generous business giving back to our community. The food was delicious and the whole event was just great .

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

So speaking of tree frogs (Pat) ..I saw my fuzz balls chasing something in the basement this morning.

20240328_065421.jpg

Cute little spring peeper, Hyla crucifer. These guys are only an inch or so full grown and have just starting singing here in my area. Must have snuck in when a door was openned. Luckily he doesnt appear to be harmed. Letting him go is a bit tricky right now as theres no real cover .

Should be just fine..

20240328_071309.jpg
    Last edited by brewmaster15; 03-28-2024 at 07:14 AM.

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

Real Name
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by brewmaster15 View Post
    Just had a nice dinner at a local restaurant. It was a fundraiser for the 8th grade school class. Money went to the 8th grade trip to Washington DC. Its a 4 day trip the whole grade goes to..they see the Capitol, memorials...lay a wreath at the tomb of the unknown soldiers... they see and do alot. My wife is a 8th grade history teacher and goes on the trip. Anyhow this restaurant donated the entire ticket price of the dinner to the school specifically for kids that could not afford to go... extremely Generous business giving back to our community. The food was delicious and the whole event was just great .
    This will be a great experience! 99% of my travels are nature related, hiking, camping, sailing, etc... But the three trips I've taken to DC are among the most memorable. The tomb of the unknown soldier and the changing of the guard are at the top!!

Page 45 of 51 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast