ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Page 21 of 49 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you up to today?

Real Name
    Dave

Default Re: What are you up to today?

Tank maintenance complete

Now to fold some laundry
    God is the artist, he merely allows me to see and capture his work . http://davesphotography7055.zenfolio.com/ coupon code: angelfish
    some of my work accepted by Pentax (the camera bodies I use): http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/davidgray

Planted a dirt patch today with wild flowers. It will be an oasis for the bugs and birds. It will also be a great outdoor photo lab for me.

20230607_111605.jpg
    AquaticSuppliers.com Freeze Dried BlackWorms and other foods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Real Name
    Tom

Registered Member

No, we are lucky but this reminds me a couple of years ago in Northern California Fire, their was no daylight the sky
    was completely dark orange.

I'm too far south but my buddy Willie (the American Willie) is getting it bad in Delaware. People and pets are advised to stay inside as much as possible.

I decided to do not much of anything today. I had a nice productive day yesterday so why not?

I removed the eggcrate from my fighting pair's tank. I have seen very little flirting, but at least they're good friends again. I'm considering giving my number 1 pair in a unwanted vacation in the Ram tank. They eat, they poop black, they are good friends but I ain't seeing no action. Any opinions on that idea?

I have the sprinkler going on the veggie garden. I don't like to water often, but it has been terribly dry here during a time when it's generally terribly rainy. Every time I give the garden a good deep watering I see another burst of growth and production.
    Mama Bear

Liz, I think I would leave the pair alone and let them rest... theres only so much we can do to get them to spawn..ultimately I think its up to the female to produce eggs and start the process... the older the fish get the longer the time between spawning and egg production.. she may just be building up eggs.. then if you provide a trigger like water changes, temp etc.... you can get them into action. Sometimes its just a waiting game.

Al
    AquaticSuppliers.com Freeze Dried BlackWorms and other foods your Discus will Love!!!

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

Thanks Al. That's what I was figuring but I still hoped. It so hard watching and not be able to do something to get them in the mood.
    Mama Bear

Real Name
    Jake

Today I've got a half day of work planned, then it's time for prep and packing for vacation that starts this evening!

Real Name
    Tom

Big adventure today . Bought 2 discus from Chicago Discus. Miranda was a pleasure to deal with! They now have airport pickup. So today I’m going to drive to McArthur airport and pick these guys up . Never been to McArthur so this should be fun. Also haven’t picked up discus from the airport since the 80s getting turqs from Wattley. My first big money discus. Bought from the back pages of TFH. Hoping all goes well and anxious to get these discus!

Hope you have some fun time and some chill time.
    Mama Bear

Real Name
    Willie

My wife and I just did our first long road trip to our Idaho location in an electric vehicle. The ~1,200 mile trip through some of the most EV-unfriendly states in the union proved to be a great learning opportunity.

We got into Driggs around 3 PM and looked at the garden for the first time since last September.

IMG_3684[1].jpg

Spring comes late at an elevation of 6,000 feet. The lilacs and the rhubarb are blooming their heads off, but we're still waiting for the irises and peonies to pop.
    At my age, everything is irritating.

Quote Originally Posted by Willie View Post
    My wife and I just did our first long road trip to our Idaho location in an electric vehicle. The ~1,200 mile trip through some of the most EV-unfriendly states in the union proved to be a great learning opportunity.

We got into Driggs around 3 PM and looked at the garden for the first time since last September.

IMG_3684[1].jpg

Spring comes late at an elevation of 6,000 feet. The lilacs and the rhubarb are blooming their heads off, but we're still waiting for the irises and peonies to pop.
    Beautiful country side there Willie! Love the pic.

I can imagine that you probably had a rough time fueling up. What kind of of EV do you have?

al

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

Real Name
    Willie

Got a Hyundai Ioniq 5 just a month ago - my first EV. These things are great for tooling around cities where chargers abound, but long road trips are more challenging - particularly going through Wyoming and Montana. I spent about 20 hours studying multiple websites to plan this trip. But once you learn how to do it, future trips will be easier. (It took about 30 minutes to plan the drive back.)

Driggs is a resort town about 30 minutes from Jackson Hole so gas is expensive here. My last car took premium gas so every fill up was ~$75. Now I plug into the charger in my garage for pennies. My fuel cost for this trip was $0.

My wife hates heat and humidity so we got this place in 2010. This morning was 38F and today's high will be in the 60's. I enjoy the Big Sky. You can see rain and sunshine on the horizon yesterday afternoon.

At my age, everything is irritating.

Quote Originally Posted by Willie View Post
    Got a Hyundai Ioniq 5 just a month ago - my first EV. These things are great for tooling around cities where chargers abound, but long road trips are more challenging - particularly going through Wyoming and Montana. I spent about 20 hours studying multiple websites to plan this trip. But once you learn how to do it, future trips will be easier. (It took about 30 minutes to plan the drive back.)

Driggs is a resort town about 30 minutes from Jackson Hole so gas is expensive here. My last car took premium gas so every fill up was ~$75. Now I plug into the charger in my garage for pennies. My fuel cost for this trip was $0.

My wife hates heat and humidity so we got this place in 2010. This morning was 38F and today's high will be in the 60's. I enjoy the Big Sky. You can see rain and sunshine on the horizon yesterday afternoon.

That is just really cool..What a a beautiful area! Thanks for sharing.
    al

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

Real Name
    Jake

Today we're playing catchup with work after a week off. Going to be a FUN day.

Page 21 of 49 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast