AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Page 11 of 51 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you up to today?

Real Name
    Greg

Default Re: What are you up to today?

Quote Originally Posted by LizStreithorst View Post
    It hasn't been an easy day so far. Last night I discovered that one of my dogs was probably hit by the delivery man from Amazon. It wasn't his fault. My little yappers are good at not being hit. She must have been in the wrong place at the wrong time.

My vets know that I'm pretty much broke so they took it easy on me even though I didn't ask. Fish sales paid for an ultrasound, pain meds, antibiotics, and a cream to put on her external wounds. I already had the cone of shame I had to put on her. I can't believe what a different dog she was when I took her in and had to carry her to when I picked her up after she'd had a dose of pain meds. She ate for them, she was happy and tail wagging.

The thing is that she hasn't peed or pooped since yesterday afternoon. I took her out before the critters and I climbed into bed. I had to carry Pip. The techs took her out to see if she'd pee but she didn't. When I got her home, walking and wagging again I let her have time to pee if the wanted to. She didn't. But she did drink from the water bowl as soon as I got her home. Maybe she doesn't have any pee in her because she didn't drink when she was in pain. If she at least pees today we're almost home free. If I see her poop (I'll fill the fat thing full of canned food.) my problems will be over. If not, there will be an internal injury and I can't afford surgery.

I hope that my friends here will hope for the best. All I can do is give her love, meds, wet food, and hope for the best. She's a very sweet dog who loves everyone and thinks that life is all about giving kisses and being petted in return.
    Wow, I'm sorry to hear about your troubles with Pip, Liz.
    Yes, the pain meds definitely slow down the bowels like Al said and other factors can dehydrate her. So is she drinking and improving any by now?
    `·.¸¸.·´><(((( º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><(((( º> ¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><(((( º> ....... ><((( º> . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . <º (((((( >< ~~~~~~~~~~~

Real Name
    Tom

Sorry to hear what happened to Pip. Hope she feeling better today.

Real Name
    Jacob

I like your glass, Al

My CPD fry are on the cusp of eating baby brine shrimp! About half of them are at least taking bites of them, so the hard stuff on that batch is almost over! Also spawned a pair of CPDs again, probably have 40 or 50ish eggs to incubate.

20230331_073350.jpg.5cb4260bee7f4adcb4ef6b71e993e315.jpg

Also got the new apistos in, acclimation went well.
    20230331_163446.jpg.b07781871953668cb0b2ba7e11b8b541.jpg

Drove to PetCo and bought a 40 breeder (moving the community tank out of my daughter's room 36 or 37 tall thing that I hate). And the 20L for the new apistos.

Avoided getting hit by the multiple tornadoes that went through the area, we got lucky, I guess. Snow coming tonight now... it was about 70 degrees today.
    Last edited by jwcarlson; 03-31-2023 at 09:39 PM.

Real Name
    Dave

Started with coffee then froze my tail off (literally) with 3.5 minutes in a cryogenic chamber.
    Followed this with compression therapy on my legs at 200psi for about 30 minutes.
    Got my feet claws trimmed and filed, and then came home.
    Picked up the youngest son, took the car in to have the rear hatch lever/emblem/switch replaced (VW Golf), and took son to violin lessons.
    God is the artist, he merely allows me to see and capture his work . http://davesphotography7055.zenfolio.com/ coupon code: angelfish
    some of my work accepted by Pentax (the camera bodies I use): http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/davidgray

Quote Originally Posted by jwcarlson View Post
    I like your glass, Al
    Lol... yeah My wife and I have matching sets... I think we have watched just about every true crime series you can see. Our tastes in TV are very different... but thats one we both like.

My CPD fry are on the cusp of eating baby brine shrimp! About half of them are at least taking bites of them, so the hard stuff on that batch is almost over! Also spawned a pair of CPDs again, probably have 40 or 50ish eggs to incubate.
    Thats awesome! Congrats! You better start looking for outlets to sell some Jacob...I remember how quickly I was over run with German Rams and Angels when I bred them. It seems like once it all clicks...its all over..

Here you go... http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showth...h-101-A-primer

al
    AquaticSuppliers.comFoods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

I wrote a long post yesterday and then didn't hit "Post Reply". Mostly I told everyone that after over 48 hrs of not peeing or pooping she peed and pooped. She only limps now when she gallops. You wouldn't know that anything was wrong with her. Her long gash on her abdomen is healing well. She has a deep hole on her thigh that will take longer so I still have to keep the Cone of Shame on her for a good long while.

I have nothing of interest going on today. I need to make a couple of boxes for shipping Monday and cook my Char Siu pork. If I'm good I'll clean house some, but I'm often not good.
    Mama Bear

Real Name
    Willie

~9" of snow last night, so not much is going to happen today.

IMG_3510[1].jpg
    At my age, everything is irritating.

Real Name
    Jacob

Good news on your dog, Liz! Our beagle once went almost a whole week without pooping. Finally quit following the vets instructions and he was fine.

Real Name
    Greg

Glad to hear Liz! Sounds like you're out of the woods. I'm relieved for you! Hugs to Pip.

Today... worked on my son's bicycle for a couple hours - (I grew up in a bike shop), really enjoyed it! Put on new brakes, a new tire, a new kickstand, straightened a wheel, lubed some cables, added a reflector, lubed the pedals, hid some scratches, etc. Bought him a used bike in case he wants to get a job while he's in south Florida temporarily.

I then trimmed some podocarpus and picked up the dog poop in the yard. We have 4. Tonight we go to a burrito joint with dad and mom and then home to play some games.

Here's my tank today on a restful Saturday afternoon with my 4 Discus munching on some of Al's FDBW's. Wrapped up a Levam. treatment last night with a big wc and they're hungry today !

Oh, and I'm adding the powerhead/filter Tom recommended to my 36right now so hopefully I get clarity. It came with 2 cages that let you add various media and mechanical filtration.

IMG_6766.JPG IMG_6767.JPG
    `·.¸¸.·´><(((( º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><(((( º> ¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><(((( º> ....... ><((( º> . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . <º (((((( >< ~~~~~~~~~~~

Greg. I owned a Bike shop along with my deceased husband. He did the money part. I was head mechanic. We both did what we were best at.
    Last edited by LizStreithorst; 04-01-2023 at 05:17 PM.
    Mama Bear

Real Name
    Tom

Liz glad to hear pip is doing good! My guys stoped in their tracks when I told them what happened54464A02-0C70-4714-8D56-E87A78C5AD3E.jpg everybody’s hoping for a full recovery!!
    For me I cleaned both discus tanks. Right after 2 different pairs laid eggs. Basically in the same spot. First set was gone when the second set appeared.1164DBE2-6031-40EA-9417-32CE6A83DCE5.jpg3DEB5167-3C61-41F7-A5D1-6F2FF12FAB7E.jpg. After that took the dogs for their 2 mile walk. More for me than them but they do enjoy it . Then the sun came out so I started cleaning this file cabinet I took from the same house as the sewing machine.425B3E8A-078B-474E-BAF3-AED8EB67AFF3.jpg. It’s old maybe over a hundred years. Solid wood and sturdy. Cleaning the years of gunk off it now and next I’d like to add oil to the wood but not sure what to do yet. This is going into the fish room to hold hopefully all my extra equipment.

Real Name
    Jacob

What's the file cabinet weigh, Tom?

Transferred the tank from my daughter's room from the 36/37 tall thing into a 40 breeder (and down to the fish room). Let her "design it", everything went pretty well. Fish seemed happy, hopefully the decreased height helps the plants.
    Also spotted the hide-and-seek champion apistos.

Quote Originally Posted by Iminit View Post
    Liz glad to hear pip is doing good! My guys stoped in their tracks when I told them what happened54464A02-0C70-4714-8D56-E87A78C5AD3E.jpg everybody’s hoping for a full recovery!!
    For me I cleaned both discus tanks. Right after 2 different pairs laid eggs. Basically in the same spot. First set was gone when the second set appeared.1164DBE2-6031-40EA-9417-32CE6A83DCE5.jpg3DEB5167-3C61-41F7-A5D1-6F2FF12FAB7E.jpg. After that took the dogs for their 2 mile walk. More for me than them but they do enjoy it . Then the sun came out so I started cleaning this file cabinet I took from the same house as the sewing machine.425B3E8A-078B-474E-BAF3-AED8EB67AFF3.jpg. It’s old maybe over a hundred years. Solid wood and sturdy. Cleaning the years of gunk off it now and next I’d like to add oil to the wood but not sure what to do yet. This is going into the fish room to hold hopefully all my extra equipment.
    Bet that that cabinet shines after Murphys oil soap.. that stuff has always been my go to.. that and boiled linseed oil.
    Al
    AquaticSuppliers.comFoods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Real Name
    Tom

Jacob it’s heavy but it comes apart. There’s a metal pin that runs through each draw. Remove it and the draw detaches. Pretty cool craftsmanship. I managed to clean up 3 draws and the base. One more to do. Hopefully tomorrow. It’s old but cleaned up nice so far.

Al I was going to use Murphys oil but my wife told me to use this crud stuff. It cleaned it up but it just seems very dry now. May try Murphys oil to get some oil back into the wood. The draws are open. It was just to hold files so I will have to cut out some floors for them.

Tom, I told Pip that she made your guys happy.

There is nothing better for restoring the beauty to old wood than this stuff. It's not cheap, but nothing even comes close to what this stuff does for a piece of old furniture http://www.natchezsolution.com/
    Mama Bear

Page 11 of 51 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast