AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you up to today?

Default Re: What are you up to today?

It's always painful when a family member or even a pet dies. I'm sorry for anyone who has to go through that. I've been through both and it hurts to the depths of your heart.

I was a good girl this morning. I groomed my scruffy looking fat lady dog. She is more spiffy looking now, but without all the hair she looks like a pin head. She was good on the table considering she hadn't had a good groom for too long a time. When I told her that she was a thing of beauty, she believed me. At least I haven't forgotten how to do a good groom.

Then I made 2 boxes for shipments of Ram pairs I have going out Monday. Now I have a nice meal of cheesy broccoli with pasta on the stove almost ready to eat.

If I don't do anything else today it's fine with me. I'm retired, and besides, it's Saturday.
    Last edited by LizStreithorst; 03-04-2023 at 04:05 PM.
    Mama Bear

Real Name
    Dave

made a hamburger goulash with three pounds burger mixed with two cans cream of mushroom soup spiced with the following:
    Cumin
    salt
    black pepper
    garlic powder
    dehydrated onion
    old bay

Then folded a load of laundry, put a load in to wash, and took a shower and cleaned out open wounds (thanks ingrown hairs, diabetes, and all).

Now to move an empty 20 gallon tall with substrate to my son's room so we can get it running with a water/vinegar mix to get the hard water cleaned up so we can then get the tank cycled and add some fish.
    God is the artist, he merely allows me to see and capture his work . http://davesphotography7055.zenfolio.com/ coupon code: angelfish
    some of my work accepted by Pentax (the camera bodies I use): http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/davidgray

made a hamburger goulash with three pounds burger mixed with two cans cream of mushroom soup spiced with the following:
    Cumin
    salt
    black pepper
    garlic powder
    dehydrated onion
    old bay
    That sounds interesting Dave..never had it. Is it something served like a soup? Sounds like you could serve it over rice or pasta?
    AquaticSuppliers.comFoods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Real Name
    Willie

Quote Originally Posted by LizStreithorst View Post
    ... I'm retired, and besides, it's Saturday.
    Every day is Saturday when you're retired!
    At my age, everything is irritating.

Real Name
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by brewmaster15 View Post
    That sounds interesting Dave..never had it. Is it something served like a soup? Sounds like you could serve it over rice or pasta?
    I ate it over a piece of bread.
    My wife ate it over an english muffin.

It is kind of like chipped beef
    God is the artist, he merely allows me to see and capture his work . http://davesphotography7055.zenfolio.com/ coupon code: angelfish
    some of my work accepted by Pentax (the camera bodies I use): http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/davidgray

Real Name
    Tom

Well playing the waiting game now. Our rescue pup is coming up from New Mexico and is now in Tennessee. Its coming with about 30 other dogs saved from a shelter there that is just overrun with dogs. I guess the covid backlash. Great thing is most of these dogs are spoken for. 2 women driven them up in a van. Seems they do this a few times a year. A pic of him now and before he was given up0BFAC3DD-82CF-4C52-910B-630ACA8014BC.jpg0AB72B91-5E44-4CDB-805F-0ABB24A28300.jpg.

A beautiful Boxer. I bet that Brain is envious.
    Mama Bear

Real Name
    Tom

Well I picked him up last night .DF76EFAF-FE00-40E4-A01D-316852998753.jpg bouncing all over the place my son had to hold him .87476BC8-B37C-4CD1-AF45-9DBF6DD98452.jpgwas a little tough last night. Got home after 10 and had to bath him! He stunk!! Didn’t let Mia see him till he was cleaned up and she wasn’t too happy. But got them out running this morn and they are starting to get along.

Registered Member

You just brightened up my day!

Real Name
    Mervin

Nice to see a nice dog find a good home.

They'll be best buddies soon. You are lucky to have 2 such beautiful dogs. I only have one large dog, and he's 14 years old. The rest are little yappers, but they're good in bed on a cold night. 2 of the yappers sleep under the covers, one on my right side, one on my left.

I couldn't find my phone yesterday night when I went to bed. I instigated a search this morning. I looked everywhere several times and didn't see it. I was just about to take my scooter up to my neighbor Shawn and ask him to call my number several times. I got on the scooter, looked an the basket on front and there was my phone. I have no memory of putting it there and no idea why I would put it there. But at least I found it which was a big relief.

All I have to do now is to do animal care, change the bed sheets, and make a meatloaf and some turnip greens simmered with bacon. Of course, I should clean house, but I'd rather just play out side. It's 80 degrees here in February which is unheard of. I want to enjoy it.
    Mama Bear

Real Name
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by LizStreithorst View Post
    A beautiful Boxer. I bet that Brain is envious.
    Sure brings back memories. This is my buddy Jack on the day I got him. He was a boxer/mastiff mix, looked like a boxer but weighed 125lbs. He was the most well behaved, yet animated dog I've met. He loved everything from my cats, to small dogs (he thought he was small) and especially little kids. The only thing he hated was squirrels, lol... I adopted him after a tornado destroyed Joplin, MO and he lost his family...

IMAG0062.jpg

On the other hand, this is Alfie. A very good boy but dumb as a box of rocks.

alfie.jpg

Alfie looks sweet, but dumb as a stump. Jack is smart and loyal. I have a dog who's sweet but dumb. He's so sweet and dumb that you can't help but love him. He's the dog in my avatar at his graduation from obedience school. His name is Big Head.
    Mama Bear

Quote Originally Posted by Iminit View Post
    Well I picked him up last night .DF76EFAF-FE00-40E4-A01D-316852998753.jpg bouncing all over the place my son had to hold him .87476BC8-B37C-4CD1-AF45-9DBF6DD98452.jpgwas a little tough last night. Got home after 10 and had to bath him! He stunk!! Didn’t let Mia see him till he was cleaned up and she wasn’t too happy. But got them out running this morn and they are starting to get along.
    Awesome Tom! Glad to see it worked out and that you guys took in a rescue.. My cats are always rescues.. my last two were black cats.. they get a bum rap but are really great cats.
    Al
    AquaticSuppliers.comFoods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Real Name
    Tom

Brian Jack does look like a boxer. My Mia is a mix. Was sold as a boxer and looked like a boxer. Has a ton of energy. But knows when to stop. Something boxers just don’t know. Named this guy Finn. I’ve had boxers for about 15 yrs. My last guy Guinness was just a great dog. Never a problem EBCB0EC6-D47E-4959-A9AB-4CE4943BB085.jpg just lived too short a life. That’s him just before he died. His heart was too big. These are my first 2 Piper and Rusty.B8E79DBF-D501-4BEC-9ED3-13E9DC0CDCF7.jpg Piper was also a rescue. Got her a year after I got Rusty. She was 2 at the time.

Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast